Update: 611 of your fellow adventurers have now enrolled in Submersion, our new 60-day Subjective Reality deep dive. What more becomes possible when you're living in a simulation? Join us for this epic journey!
News & Updates
On Saturday, April 16, Paul Scheele and Learning Strategies will broadcast a free online video series called SuperPowers Super You that includes 7 parts:
- Abundance & Money – How to create prosperity consciousness and greater financial abundance
- Connection & Relationships – How to have satisfying personal and professional relationships
- Living & Working Fully – How to have power and effectiveness in everything you do
- Solid Skills & Great Habits – How to do what you intend to do
- Super Body – How to have great physical health and abundant energy
- Super Emotions – How to have healthy emotions and supportive feelings
- Super Mind – How to get control over your mental images, self-talk, and self-sabotaging thoughts
Experts in the series include Jack Canfield, Hale Dwoskin, Bill Harris, and several others.
The whole thing is free, and you can enroll right away at SuperPowers Super You.
Jake Birkett of Grey Alien Games gave this talk at the Game Developers Conference last month about the power of persistence as an indie game developer. At 42:55 in his talk, Jake mentions that the article Cultivating Burning Desire was a factor in motivating him to go indie. Now he’s been running a sustainable business for more than a decade.
If you run a small business or are thinking about starting one, I think you’ll find Jake’s talk inspiring. Check it out!
The revenue chart he shares at 43:42 looks very similar to mine from my indie game dev years. It took me 5-6 years to figure out how to make a sustainable living from that business. Some key success factor were reaching out to get more involved in the indie game dev community, learning from others, and paying it forward.
You can download a free sample chapter of my book Personal Development for Smart People on the book’s web page. No email address needed.
Al Gore’s latest TED talk shares the progress made dealing with climate change and the surge in solar and wind investment. I found it inspiring, and I think you will too.
We’re in the process of booking four more personal growth workshops for 2016. All of these will be three-day events (Fri-Sun) in Las Vegas.
The dates will be:
- Jul 29-31
- Aug 19-21
- Oct 14-16
- Oct 21-23
We’re trying an experiment this time by doing two workshops on back-to-back weekends in October, so if people want to, they can travel to Vegas once and attend two different workshops on the same trip. We’re also looking to plan some optional social activities for the four days in between those workshops, so people can enjoy a full 10-day personal growth immersion.
The topics for the workshops are still to be determined.
First, we have the option of repeating any of our past workshops. These include:
- Conscious Growth Workshop – Our first workshop based on the seven fundamentals of personal growth. We ran this one six times from Oct 2009 to Sep 2011.
- Subjective Reality Workshop – Exploring the nature of reality and using the subjective lens. Run once in Oct 2011.
- Conscious Success Workshop – Goal setting, success, and achievement. Run once in Jan 2012.
- Conscious Relationships Workshop – Relationships and social skills. Run once in Feb 2012.
- Conscious Life Workshop – Our most popular workshop so far, on the topic of lifestyle design. Run once in Aug 2014.
- Conscious Heart Workshop – An inspired and spontaneous workshop with no set theme or topic, going with the flow of inspired ideas and audience input all the way through. One of our smaller workshops but also the highest rated by attendees for its transformational impact. Run once in May 2015.
I never run a workshop twice the same way, so even if we repeated one or more previous workshops, I’ll undoubtedly update and improve them.
We also have some ideas for new workshops based on suggestions from past attendees, which include the following:
- Abundance Workshop – Creating abundance, overcoming scarcity, and using the law of attraction.
- Entrepreneurship Workshop – Starting and growing a small business, business skills, integrating business and lifestyle design.
- Vegan Workshop – A workshop for vegans and people leaning towards veganism to explore personal growth challenges that are unique to vegans, including vegan lifestyle design, vegan relationships, and vegan travel.
- Conscious Mind Workshop – Improving your focus and mental clarity, building self-discipline, developing stronger mental skills.
- Spirituality Workshop – Exploring your spiritual path, spiritual centeredness, life purpose, developing your character.
- Sexuality Workshop – Conscious sexuality, finding compatible partners, overcoming sexual blocks, and sexy lifestyle design.
Other topics are possible, but these are the main ideas being considered for 2016 and 2017. Note that these new workshops are just ideas at the moment. They haven’t been developed into actual workshops yet, but they could be if there’s enough interest.
If you’re interested in attending a workshop in Las Vegas this year and you’d like to share your input on which topics we should choose, please take a few minutes to do the workshop survey if you haven’t already done so. It’s easy! You can also suggest ideas not already listed above.
We’ll probably open registrations for all four workshops in about a month. Same price as always: $497 for the early bird registration, then $597 if registering less than 30 days before a workshop. Typically about 80% of attendees register at the early bird price.
These events are always a lot of fun, and they’re good at planting seeds that create long-term transformational effects. I continue to receive feedback from people who’ve attended workshops several years ago and are still being positively affected by them. I’m affected by them too, which is one reason I want to keep doing more of them. 🙂
All of my articles, podcasts, and videos are uncopyrighted. Hence you’re welcome to reshare, republish, or translate any of the free content you find on this website. You can even repackage and sell it, and many people have been doing so for years.
A long time ago I decided that it was more intelligent to work for happiness and fulfillment than for profit. It makes me happy to see these ideas being shared around the world freely. 🙂
The new design for StevePavlina.com is finally here. I hope you like it. 🙂
My priorities for the new design were usability, simplicity, and device independence.
If you’re viewing this on a laptop or desktop computer, try shrinking or expanding your browser width to see how everything resizes.
The most important pages on the site are the articles since that’s where most new visitors land and where people usually spend the most time. The result probably looks immensely simple, and that was indeed the goal. I want people to be able to enjoy the articles without distractions.
The old blog categories have been greatly simplified, from 36 topics on the old site down to only 9 here. There’s also a Favorites category which includes my favorite articles as well as those that have been popular with readers.
Because a lot of people requested this feature, I included a random article link at the bottom of the blog menu. It will bring up a random article from the blog each time you click it. You could also add stevepavlina.com/random to your browser bookmarks bar if you want an even faster way of using it.
All your old links or bookmarks to any pages or posts here will still work. The URLs for the articles are the same as before, and anything that’s changed its location will automatically redirect to the new location.
The News section is for news and updates, much like posting status updates on social media. It has it own archives, and it’s separate from the main blog. This allows me to reserve the blog for articles and timeless content, and the blog archives won’t be cluttered with short-term announcements. I also cleaned up the archive considerably, deleting about 130 old posts that contained obsolete info like old workshop reminders. Many articles were also given a fresh editing pass.
The Audio section has been redesigned with all the files easily playable via your browser and download links provided. This includes all the podcasts I recorded from 2006 to 2009. There’s a new Video section too.
If you want to share your feedback about the new site, or if you encounter any bugs (even typos), please let me know via the contact form. I intend to continue evolving and improving the site over time.
Thanks for your support — and your patience!
From March 21 to 26, Learning Strategies is hosting a free online event called The Spring Fling. This is a Paraliminals-based program to help prime your mind for abundance and prosperity. The event runs for six days, and each day’s session is about 25 minutes.
Paraliminals are eyes-closed meditation programs designed to condition positive thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. If you like guided mediation programs, I think you’ll enjoy them.
Learning Strategies also offers special deals and discounts on their paid products to people who sign up for their free programs.
This short video highlights the myths about organic, cruelty free, and free range farming. What do the buzzwords humane, cruelty free, cage free, free range, and organic actually mean when applied to animal products like eggs and milk? Are the animals any better off?
The intelligent choice is to drop these products from your life completely. Until you’re ready to do that, don’t succumb to denial about what you’re doing because denial of reality stunts your ability to grow.
In 2015, 2.9 million freelancers in the USA earned more than $100,000. In 2011, only 2 million freelancers earned this much. (Source: MBO Partners)
Good… we’re making progress.