News & Updates
If you’d like to enjoy more passion, presence, and purpose in your life, I encourage you to read Deb Ozarko’s new book Unplug, which is about reconnecting with your true self.
Deb is an amazing woman, and her book is powerfully heart-centered and transformational. I personally contributed a chapter to it. I deeply respect and honor her and her contribution.
I’m happy to announce that the topics for the 2016 Las Vegas workshops have been selected:
Jul 29-31 – Conscious Abundance Workshop (overcoming scarcity, creating abundance, the Law of Attraction)
Aug 19-21 – Conscious Mind Workshop (focus, clarity, self-discipline, mental skills)
Oct 14-16 – Conscious Life Workshop (lifestyle design, freedom, independence, creating your own path)
Oct 21-23 – Conscious Entrepreneurship Workshop (starting and growing a small business, business skills, combining business and lifestyle design)
These were the four most popular topics requested by readers who participated in the recent workshop survey.
I expect to open enrollment for all four events sometime in May, with further details to share about them. If you’d like to be notified when enrollment opens, please sign up for the mailing list. In the meantime, be sure mark your calendar to save the dates for the workshops that interest you. 🙂
I’m testing a new feature that will enable you to receive my newest articles via email as soon as they’re published. If you’d like to try it, you can enter your email address here: Blog Posts by Email. Then you’ll receive an email with a link to verify your email address.
These emails include the full text of every new article, not just a snippet.
Note that you’ll only receive new articles published after you sign up, and you’ll only receive the first published version of each new article. So if there are future edits such as typo fixes, you won’t receive the updated version. This should be fine as long as you don’t mind some extra typos getting through.
The emails are sent by WordPress.com and from a noreply email address. If you try to reply to these article emails, no one will see your reply, so just be aware of that. You can always send me feedback directly via my contact form.
If you wish to unsubscribe from these emails at any time, there’s an easy unsubscribe link in every email sent.
Starting on May 16, Learning Strategies and Marie Diamond will be streaming one of their popular audio programs for free in an online event called the Diamond Feng Shui Fest.
Feng shui is a Chinese system for creating a harmonious and relaxing environment. You can apply its ideas to your home, your workspace, and many other environments. Many houses, office buildings, hotels, and parks were deliberately designed in accordance with feng shui principles.
The Diamond Feng Shui Fest includes six audio sessions that will be streamed online started on May 16 and running for six days. These sessions are pre-recorded, so you have some flexibility in choosing when to listen to each one. Many people enjoy tuning in during their lunch breaks.
You can get the details at Learning Strategies’ Diamond Feng Shui Fest page. It’s free to sign up. The fest is still four weeks away, so if you sign up now, you’ll receive an email reminder when the fest is about to begin, and it takes only seconds to sign up.
On Saturday, April 16, Paul Scheele and Learning Strategies will broadcast a free online video series called SuperPowers Super You that includes 7 parts:
- Abundance & Money – How to create prosperity consciousness and greater financial abundance
- Connection & Relationships – How to have satisfying personal and professional relationships
- Living & Working Fully – How to have power and effectiveness in everything you do
- Solid Skills & Great Habits – How to do what you intend to do
- Super Body – How to have great physical health and abundant energy
- Super Emotions – How to have healthy emotions and supportive feelings
- Super Mind – How to get control over your mental images, self-talk, and self-sabotaging thoughts
Experts in the series include Jack Canfield, Hale Dwoskin, Bill Harris, and several others.
The whole thing is free, and you can enroll right away at SuperPowers Super You.
Jake Birkett of Grey Alien Games gave this talk at the Game Developers Conference last month about the power of persistence as an indie game developer. At 42:55 in his talk, Jake mentions that the article Cultivating Burning Desire was a factor in motivating him to go indie. Now he’s been running a sustainable business for more than a decade.
If you run a small business or are thinking about starting one, I think you’ll find Jake’s talk inspiring. Check it out!
The revenue chart he shares at 43:42 looks very similar to mine from my indie game dev years. It took me 5-6 years to figure out how to make a sustainable living from that business. Some key success factor were reaching out to get more involved in the indie game dev community, learning from others, and paying it forward.
You can download a free sample chapter of my book Personal Development for Smart People on the book’s web page. No email address needed.
Al Gore’s latest TED talk shares the progress made dealing with climate change and the surge in solar and wind investment. I found it inspiring, and I think you will too.
We’re in the process of booking four more personal growth workshops for 2016. All of these will be three-day events (Fri-Sun) in Las Vegas.
The dates will be:
- Jul 29-31
- Aug 19-21
- Oct 14-16
- Oct 21-23
We’re trying an experiment this time by doing two workshops on back-to-back weekends in October, so if people want to, they can travel to Vegas once and attend two different workshops on the same trip. We’re also looking to plan some optional social activities for the four days in between those workshops, so people can enjoy a full 10-day personal growth immersion.
The topics for the workshops are still to be determined.
First, we have the option of repeating any of our past workshops. These include:
- Conscious Growth Workshop – Our first workshop based on the seven fundamentals of personal growth. We ran this one six times from Oct 2009 to Sep 2011.
- Subjective Reality Workshop – Exploring the nature of reality and using the subjective lens. Run once in Oct 2011.
- Conscious Success Workshop – Goal setting, success, and achievement. Run once in Jan 2012.
- Conscious Relationships Workshop – Relationships and social skills. Run once in Feb 2012.
- Conscious Life Workshop – Our most popular workshop so far, on the topic of lifestyle design. Run once in Aug 2014.
- Conscious Heart Workshop – An inspired and spontaneous workshop with no set theme or topic, going with the flow of inspired ideas and audience input all the way through. One of our smaller workshops but also the highest rated by attendees for its transformational impact. Run once in May 2015.
I never run a workshop twice the same way, so even if we repeated one or more previous workshops, I’ll undoubtedly update and improve them.
We also have some ideas for new workshops based on suggestions from past attendees, which include the following:
- Abundance Workshop – Creating abundance, overcoming scarcity, and using the law of attraction.
- Entrepreneurship Workshop – Starting and growing a small business, business skills, integrating business and lifestyle design.
- Vegan Workshop – A workshop for vegans and people leaning towards veganism to explore personal growth challenges that are unique to vegans, including vegan lifestyle design, vegan relationships, and vegan travel.
- Conscious Mind Workshop – Improving your focus and mental clarity, building self-discipline, developing stronger mental skills.
- Spirituality Workshop – Exploring your spiritual path, spiritual centeredness, life purpose, developing your character.
- Sexuality Workshop – Conscious sexuality, finding compatible partners, overcoming sexual blocks, and sexy lifestyle design.
Other topics are possible, but these are the main ideas being considered for 2016 and 2017. Note that these new workshops are just ideas at the moment. They haven’t been developed into actual workshops yet, but they could be if there’s enough interest.
If you’re interested in attending a workshop in Las Vegas this year and you’d like to share your input on which topics we should choose, please take a few minutes to do the workshop survey if you haven’t already done so. It’s easy! You can also suggest ideas not already listed above.
We’ll probably open registrations for all four workshops in about a month. Same price as always: $497 for the early bird registration, then $597 if registering less than 30 days before a workshop. Typically about 80% of attendees register at the early bird price.
These events are always a lot of fun, and they’re good at planting seeds that create long-term transformational effects. I continue to receive feedback from people who’ve attended workshops several years ago and are still being positively affected by them. I’m affected by them too, which is one reason I want to keep doing more of them. 🙂
All of my articles, podcasts, and videos are uncopyrighted. Hence you’re welcome to reshare, republish, or translate any of the free content you find on this website. You can even repackage and sell it, and many people have been doing so for years.
A long time ago I decided that it was more intelligent to work for happiness and fulfillment than for profit. It makes me happy to see these ideas being shared around the world freely. 🙂