Update: 578 of your fellow adventurers have now enrolled in Submersion, our new 60-day Subjective Reality deep dive. What more becomes possible when you're living in a simulation? Join us for this epic journey!
Guacamole is one of my favorite foods, so I’d like to share my best guacamole recipe. I tweak this recipe every time I make it, so this is the December 2008 incarnation.
I went to my first raw potluck last night and brought a large batch of this guacamole to share. I figured there would be leftovers, but by the end of the night, the bowl was practically licked clean. People seemed to really dig it.
Steve’s Rawsome Guacamole
- 2 large avocados (or 3 small ones)
- juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 medium tomato (or 2 roma tomatoes), chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño pepper (red or green)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Put the avocado flesh into a bowl. Add the lime juice. Mash the avocado and lime juice together with a fork until creamy.
- Fold in tomato, cilantro, green onion, jalapeño pepper, and sea salt.
Notes / Suggestions
- This guacamole works especially well as a dip for organic carrot and celery sticks. It also goes well with flax crackers. If you aren’t a raw foodist, it goes well with tortilla chips too of course.
- Feel free to adjust the ingredient ratios to suit your tastes (i.e. more green onion, more jalapeño, more or less salt, etc).
- If you like spicy guacamole, feel free to double or triple the jalapeño (or more). The version above is pretty mild.
The raw potluck was a lot of fun by the way. About 20 people showed up. Not everyone there was a raw foodist, but most seemed to be at least 80% raw. It was nice to try so many interesting raw dishes. I especially loved the coconut macaroons. 🙂
It’s lightly snowing in Las Vegas right now. I think this is the third time it has snowed in the five years I’ve lived here. It’s so strange to look out of my office window and see snow falling from the sky.
An even stranger sight is seeing the Vegas casinos decked out in Christmas decor. It just doesn’t feel right when I see a giant Christmas tree next to a bunch of slot machines. Sure it’s all bright and shiny looking, but my mind immediately starts singing the old childhood diddy, “One of these things is not like the others…”
P.S. This post is for those people who require low-level, practical action steps to improve their lives and who lack the capacity to grasp and apply high-level concepts. For such people I also recommend increasing the jalapeño to 1/2 cup. 🙂