Update: 343 of your fellow adventurers are now enrolled in Stature, our new character sculpting deep dive. How would you like to grow your character for 2020 and beyond? Join us for this epic journey!
This podcast is a live recording of a 30-minute mini-seminar I presented in Las Vegas on Monday, titled “Using Patterns for Personal Development.”
During the recording you’ll hear references to a handout. I’ve included the complete text of that handout below, so you’ll have the same support material the original audience had.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn by listening:
- Discover the three primary subconscious patterns of thinking and behaving, and observe them operating in your life right now.
- Learn the three vulnerability points you can use to permanently break unwanted habits and addictions.
- Use overwhelming force to eliminate resistance and establish new patterns to put your goals on autopilot.
- Transform goal achievement from an uphill struggle into an easier, more relaxed feeling of flow.
Enjoy the podcast.
Using Patterns for Personal Development
30:30 • Download
Three Primary Patterns
- Stimulus -> response (thought -> result)
- A repeating chain (thought -> result -> thought -> result -> …)
- Self-reinforcing feedback loop
- Habit or addiction
- An unstable loop where each pass through the loop changes in intensity
- 4 types of spirals: positive mild, positive intense, negative mild, negative intense
Three Ways to Break a Pattern
- Break the stimulus – prevent the stimulus from ever occurring again
- Break the thought – stimulus generates a different thought
- Break the result – ruin the result you attain upon proceeding from the thought
How to Change Patterns to Be Congruent With Goals
- Identify your goal
- Diagnose the patterns that are working against you (chains, loops, spirals)
- Design a new set of patterns that will support you in reaching your goal
- Use overwhelming force to break the old patterns and install the new ones
- Overwhelming Force
- 30 Days to Success
- Are Your Friends an Elevator or a Cage?
- Environmental Reinforcement of Your Goals
- You Need People
- Conditioning Yourself to Succeed
- Behavioral Conditioning
- Making a Quantum Leap
Visit the audio section for more podcasts.