Update: 612 of your fellow adventurers have now enrolled in Submersion, our new 60-day Subjective Reality deep dive. What more becomes possible when you're living in a simulation? Join us for this epic journey!
This podcast is a live recording of a 30-minute mini-seminar I presented in Las Vegas on Monday, titled “Using Patterns for Personal Development.”
During the recording you’ll hear references to a handout. I’ve included the complete text of that handout below, so you’ll have the same support material the original audience had.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn by listening:
- Discover the three primary subconscious patterns of thinking and behaving, and observe them operating in your life right now.
- Learn the three vulnerability points you can use to permanently break unwanted habits and addictions.
- Use overwhelming force to eliminate resistance and establish new patterns to put your goals on autopilot.
- Transform goal achievement from an uphill struggle into an easier, more relaxed feeling of flow.
Enjoy the podcast.
Using Patterns for Personal Development
30:30 • Download
Three Primary Patterns
- Stimulus -> response (thought -> result)
- A repeating chain (thought -> result -> thought -> result -> …)
- Self-reinforcing feedback loop
- Habit or addiction
- An unstable loop where each pass through the loop changes in intensity
- 4 types of spirals: positive mild, positive intense, negative mild, negative intense
Three Ways to Break a Pattern
- Break the stimulus – prevent the stimulus from ever occurring again
- Break the thought – stimulus generates a different thought
- Break the result – ruin the result you attain upon proceeding from the thought
How to Change Patterns to Be Congruent With Goals
- Identify your goal
- Diagnose the patterns that are working against you (chains, loops, spirals)
- Design a new set of patterns that will support you in reaching your goal
- Use overwhelming force to break the old patterns and install the new ones
- Overwhelming Force
- 30 Days to Success
- Are Your Friends an Elevator or a Cage?
- Environmental Reinforcement of Your Goals
- You Need People
- Conditioning Yourself to Succeed
- Behavioral Conditioning
- Making a Quantum Leap
Visit the audio section for more podcasts.