|03-03-2011, 06:19 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fairfax va
Tools to create Steve Pavlina eBooks for Kindle and iBooks
I recently created 23Ways, an iphone app based on the 23 podcasts of Steve Pavlina and some other articles. The audio interface worked well, but I've been thinking what the best way is to present Steve's articles. I really love the iBooks interface and with close to 40 million iPhone and iPad devices in circulation, I thought I’d give it a shot. I ended up releasing the book titled How to Make Money Without a Job and Become Superman Vol 1 on Kindle first and am still waiting on Apple to get back to me regarding an Apple Content provider account.
So in the spirit of knowledge sharing here are the steps to create eBooks for Steve Pavlina content:
1. Download and run WinHTTrack Website Copier
2. Once downloaded, write java code using the JSOUP opensource library to parse the html files into HTML files that have only the article content
3. Download Jutoh. This tool is amazing. It will allow you to convert html files to a bunch of different eBook formats like .mobi (Kindle) and .ePub (iBooks)
4. Get an account with Amazon kdp and publish. It takes about 2 days to get your book ready for purchase.
5. Get an iTunes Connect account for Content. I’m still waiting on this one, will update this post once I get it.
Feel free to check out the Kindle version I released on my website here. You can then click on the title to go to Amazon.com and request a sample for free.
Last edited by Freddieje; 03-03-2011 at 08:03 PM.
|ebooks, ibooks, kindle, make money, personal development|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|I want to thank Mr Steve Pavlina||Gazzali||Character & Contribution||5||03-04-2011 03:01 PM|
|Best of Steve Pavlina||Aleksander Krstic||Steve Pavlina||3||07-02-2009 03:50 PM|
|Steve Pavlina, how can we create a more ideal world?||Mister Personality||World Affairs||7||11-21-2008 11:29 AM|
|Steve Pavlina||DaveTyler||Steve Pavlina||9||04-13-2007 12:06 AM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:21 AM.