|10-13-2010, 10:51 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2007
Unconventional things to do in Vegas? E.g. hiking?
I'm visiting Vegas for around 5 days starting Saturday. Will be free most days. I've done enough of the usual Vegas stuff in the past.
Now I want to do unconventional stuff. So I need your advice on:
1) Hiking opportunities accessible via public transport. I love day hikes lasting around 2-6 hours long. Vegas has some pretty interesting looking areas outside the city.
2) Hot springs / sulphur springs or the like (if they exist around there).
3) Museums (I checked out the UNLV museum of anthropology last time, and it was small but awesome).
4) Anything else that doesn't fit the mold of touristy stuff.
5) Any spots that could be good for a couple of hours of meditation (again, accessible via public transportation).
6) Any volunteer opportunities that could potentially increase my depth of empathy.
7) Any kind of service opportunity that could help with self-development.
8) Any Hay House "I Can Do It" type event (sorry I won't be there for CGW).
9) Anything potentially life-altering (hey, there's no harm in asking :-) ).
10) Any clubs where the customers can dance Salsa or Tango? (Not asking for a typical touristy nightclub with shows, or where they charge an arm and a leg -- I'm gonna need those for dancing!)
Last edited by yogi; 10-13-2010 at 10:54 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|5 Life Lessons I Learned From Hiking (Blog)||Erin Pavlina||Erin Pavlina||11||09-05-2010 03:06 AM|
|'unconventional universities'||strawbear||Personal Effectiveness||16||01-15-2009 02:50 AM|
|unconventional methods ?||lifetimelearner||Health & Fitness||12||01-04-2009 08:10 PM|
|Unconventional sleep schedule||ken nubo||Health & Fitness||2||10-19-2007 02:09 PM|
|barefoot hiking||openeyes||Fun & Recreation||10||06-01-2007 12:18 PM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:26 AM.