|10-30-2007, 07:21 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Top Three Things You've Learned From Steve
We've done the favorite quotes thread, but I haven't seen this one yet. Put the top three things you've learned from Steve's articles here (and a link to the article/post if you want). I'll start it off.
1. Life (and your goals) should be fun and exciting. They should not be an overwhelming, uncomfortable, difficult struggle. If things are too hard and you want to quit, then maybe you should take a step back and see if there's a different way to tackle things. I've come across this theme in a number of places, but most recently in the Wake Up Without Being Groggy article (http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...totally-alert/)
2. You can't control what other people do, so do what you think is right, and leave their (re)actions to them. This was incredibly eye-opening to me and I'm still finding new areas of my life where this comes into play. http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...idity-honesty/
This article hits on it too (http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...awareness-gap/)
3. It's OK to make money. This is somewhat different from what I heard growing up, but my beliefs were starting to change when I found Steve's site, and have changed even more since then. He's written about this in a few articles, but here are my favorites http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...y-consciously/ and http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...a-millionaire/
What about yours?
|10-30-2007, 07:53 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2007
The #2 you mentioned really valuable.
Maybe the top thing i learned from steve, not from what he said but from all he achieved in PD (the former polyphasic sleeping habit being one of the biggest - for 2 times, i failed it in the 3rd day), is that i still lack a lot of self discipline Which challenges to get me going.
|10-30-2007, 08:09 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
1) Engage your emotional side and use that passion as drive. My whole life I'd believed I had to "set my emotions aside" in my work and relationships.
2) It's all right to ask for exactly what you want and hold out until you get it.
3) Act when you feel the drive to do so, rather than forcing it or waiting in fear. If you act when you feel inspiration, you will make amazing, life-changing decisions for the better.
|10-30-2007, 09:30 PM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2007
I completely agree with number one. I purchased the belief paraliminal, and now I'm trying to change my beliefs to make life more fun and interesting. A good reason for being an atheist is that it's much more fun; you don't have God as an answer for everything.
|10-30-2007, 09:47 PM||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
|10-31-2007, 03:07 AM||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Inside the Container
1. Every single thing including everybody is a creation of formless energy rendered into this reality by a single energy being.
2. Present moment awareness is the only place the energy being can and does exist and create.
3. Clown poo smells funny.
PS I made 3. up, Steve's not that funny
|11-01-2007, 09:34 PM||#10 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2007
More than 3 things - Steve's blog and this forum have been a gateway of resources...books, CD's, other websites I would have never found on my own.
This is what makes this entire website so valuable for me - it's information heaven.
|11-02-2007, 06:13 PM||#13 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2007
We may not have God to answer for everyting, but to live by higher principes that is exactly what we will be doing in reality. Call it what you want.
If all we are seeking for in life our so called fun will deceive us.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The motivation to get things done||ViceVirtue||Personal Effectiveness||12||12-31-2010 07:06 PM|
|Things I've Learned Since Joining These Forums||Jes||Personal Effectiveness||5||06-06-2007 10:33 PM|
|Daily: Three Things||Daniel Terhorst||Fun & Recreation||5||01-08-2007 06:26 PM|
|Liking too many things...||Saidin||Character & Contribution||10||11-18-2006 02:26 PM|
|GOALS - Tips & Tricks||Stephen||Personal Effectiveness||6||11-12-2006 11:37 AM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44 AM.