|10-03-2007, 09:42 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2007
PDFSP Study Group Day 4: More on Planning
[This post is part of the Personal Development for Smart People Study Group, which is going through Steve's blog posts from the very beginning and discussing them.]
More on Planning
1. To see if planning works for you, try going through your day without a set plan in mind. Then, sit down for half an hour and plan your next day. See if that works better.
2. Or, set aside two 2-hour blocks during a day. For the first block of time, don't have a plan in mind. For the second block of time, take 15 minutes to plan what you will do during that time period. See which you like better.
3. Planning helps give you a vision of the future and provide you with momentum that will contribute to the achievement of your goals.
4. Planning gives you the gift of clear thinking, which makes it easier to make decisions when you are in the process of achieving goals.
5. There are many pre-made plans that already exist which will help you achieve a number of different goals.
6. Action outline is a great planning tool. Other good planning documents include a calendar, values list/mission statement, goals list, projects list, 90 day plan, 30-day goals and plans, 30-day schedule, daily to do list/schedule, inbox, outbox, filing cabinet.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PDFSP Study Group Day 3: Quarterly Planning Time||Zukin||Steve Pavlina||4||10-07-2007 07:27 PM|
|Personal Development for Smart People Study Group||Zukin||Steve Pavlina||4||09-25-2007 11:35 PM|
|Support group establishing in South East Queensland||StewartC||Local Groups||2||07-14-2007 10:17 PM|
|A good reason to go vegan||Cassio||Health & Fitness||70||05-25-2007 03:01 PM|
|Triage (Blog)||Savage||Steve Pavlina||15||12-27-2006 04:26 PM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:38 PM.