|01-29-2010, 01:41 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
how to reach oneness?
I've recently began to stumble upon glimpses of Oneness, when the mental center of dualistic perception has began to dissolve a little bit. It kind feels like letting go of the self into a higher state of awareness that is just objectless Being. But now I am stuck in a plateau and I'm not sure how to continue to deepen this state of Oneness. Are there any tricks or tips to doing this? How do you continue surrendering into the state? It feels like there is still a lot of unconscoius clinging that is holding me back from entering the state fully, and I'm not sure how to get rid of that.
|01-29-2010, 01:44 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
- Chinese Proverb -
Duality Nature: Awareness Quotes
Zen Proverb quotes
|01-29-2010, 07:35 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: location location
I find that a key thing to be aware of, is if you are using the dualistic perception's tools to try to get out of it. The perception can switch to the individual's crisis and the person's story.. and so strategies to "get back" are dualisticly based.
Resistance, desire, clinging, etc.., are clues that it's the ego doing the work. A story may have developed about how to bring this individual back to oneness.. which is paradoxical.
It also feels paradoxical to discuss any approach to oneness in that sense.. but it can be easier to go at it via noticing what is false, and letting the truth, whatever it is, emerge when it's clear.
* notice if there is "me" that is now there to reject the dualistic perception.. notice it but dont believe it... stop believing that individual's plight/story. Saying a "no" to anything, or caring for a "me" is not non-duality. That me will never experience non-duality.
* Allow the appearance/manifestation of duality to be there. Non-duality supports the illusion/creation, just observe it and perhaps make friends with it. It's the creative force of the universe, even if we'll only meet it sujectively. It's not a wrong thing, it's just that our orientation with it can be inaccurate.
* Don't force your experience to be anything other than what it is. You don't need to redefine/reperceive all the sensory and mental streams, other than your belief in them. Let the world of appearances continue to move and present relationships to you.. it doesnt mean you have to believe them anymore (now that you are aware that you found truth in non-duality). When the world appears dual, recognise it as that - an appearance.
* "Be in the world, but not of the world"
* Enjoy the rediscovery of non-duality as it arises. You may start to notice your non-dual understanding perforating your perceptions. You may start to feel like all "other" is "self" again. You may also notice ways you are identifying or storylining.. and in doing so also notice that you have the awareness of it now.. rather than being in autopilot. Let the awareness seep back, and enjoy it.. if you have to be saying "no" or "yes", do a "yes" and choose "what is" to be. It doesnt need to be chosen, but in actively doing so you may release some some ego type blocks or energy holding... I dunno how it all works.
* Imagine that when you are "back" all this process you are going through now and all that has come before will feel perfect.. and the way it "is" which happened to lead you back to Godmode..
* You don't need to crave permanant awakening during this. This can be where personal will is let go of. It may be that it'll be an interesting and rewarding experience to experience non-abiding awakenings with falls then finding your way home again. It may be that it becomes more familiar and quicker each time, and any barriers of contrariness and fear may be smaller/less real/approachable with each time. On some hidden/forgotten level it may be that you are choosing exactly how this is going to work out anyway.
* listen to audiobooks, read, write your own notes etc.. when you feel in the mood to investigate that way... it may be that this trip into duality carries an opportunity to discover your path back in a new way, or to discover a facet of ego that is still attached. Maybe youtube around and wikipedia, I find that when I have the understanding that I'm looking to see if there is anything that may help, the right thing (like finding a book which fits, or a new teacher) seems to arrive, or I find I lose attachment and it just kinda works out anyway. It may be that something cues a greater depth or more facets of the "realisation" quality of your awakenings.
* or take periods of time where you will "let go" of the world and being you and all the contexts.. and walk, run, play videogames, anything that you seem to stop being your person in. Don't approach these activities requesting pleasure from them or avoidance of negativity, take a break from being the "labeler" or "manager"... just do them and see what emerges
* The (S)elf emerges as we let go of (s)elf, it isn't grabbed.
Remember if you've seen before that everything is ultimately OK, even if you can't clearly grasp it atm
Last edited by Benjy; 01-29-2010 at 08:42 PM.
|01-30-2010, 10:53 AM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: California, Los Angeles County
I have a suggestion you might be interested in.
There is a book by a Stephen Wolinsky that supposed to teach how to experience or achieve the "oneness state" in a step by step manner.
It's called Quantum Consciousness: The Guide to Experiencing Quantum Psychology.
It contains exercises and techniques that are supposed to help one experience the state of non duality.
He also claims there are various levels of oneness or non duality, which he provides exercises to experience them.
Once you achieve or experience a particular level of oneness, you can then go on to experience the next level of oneness and so on.
The book and it's style is more direct, without spiritual tags to it , so it takes a step by step approach, which is what got my attention about it.
I haven't had too much time to experiment with the exercises, so I can't say for sure on my own experience that it really works, but since he does talk about what you're describing, I thought perhaps you might be interested in it.
Good luck with either way you choose...
Last edited by nightdiamond; 01-30-2010 at 10:58 AM.
|01-30-2010, 11:49 AM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2009
This thread seems to have the answer:
Shower after a "number two"? Am I alone with this habit? Poll
If only it were that simple...shower after a number two and you will reach the number Oneness.
All joking aside...
It's difficult to describe the Oneness... The Way that can be described is not the true Way and all that... And what you feel to be an experience of the Oneness may differ from what I have in my meditations felt to be the Oneness. That said, here is what in my experience helps me to reach what I feel to be the Oneness.
One thing that helps me is to realize that Oneness is not a state that I have to struggle to reach, rather it is a natural state within myself that I have somehow forgotten or cut myself off from, and I need to allow the experience to come rather than chase it.
Another thing that helps is to treat all things and people around you with the love and appreciation you would want to give to yourself. Since you have experienced the state of Oneness, it's not that much of a leap to make the shift to realizing that we are all One. You, me, the trees, the bees, the skies, the seas, everything is all part of the Universe, and we are all One with the Universe.
Now this doesn't mean you have to run out and start heaping cash on strangers or smothering the first person you see with kisses. All I do is simply beam my appreciation and love energy at everyone and everything I meet. I beam the feeling of appreciation at the cashier in the supermarket, I beam my appreciation at the bags that allow me to carry my groceries so conveniently, I beam my love and appreciation at the linoleum floor in the bathroom I visit on the way out. After all, they are all me, and who doesn't love themselves?
I don't always remember to do this, but in those moments that I do remember to do this, I am always more happy and at peace in myself, and when I am in those states I find it much easier to close my eyes and try to experience the Oneness.
Or you could try the shower thing and see if it works for you. You never know...
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to Reach Enlightenment||rdshelmerdine||Spirituality, Consciousness, & Awareness||15||12-09-2009 11:28 AM|
|Can you reach your subconcious in your sleep?||Barboor||Personal Effectiveness||5||10-29-2009 06:20 PM|
|Trying to Reach A Goal||Footballman||Intention-Manifestation||0||04-21-2009 02:07 AM|
|Why You Will Never Reach Happiness||Doc Holliday||Emotional Mastery||0||07-08-2007 10:16 PM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:59 PM.