|12-14-2007, 05:27 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2007
New to Astral Projection.
Hello, I'm new to these forums, but not to Erin and Steve's blogs. I'm also new to the practice of astral projection. I have many questions that may have been answered in other threads, but i feel that a personal and specific question will help me better understand what i am trying to learn.
As far as I know, I have never experienced an astral projection, nor an out if body experience, but I am greatly looking forward to my first. When thinking about the possibilities of a successful projection, I find it more and more important to me to experience it.
I have done lucid dreaming around a half dozen times in my lifetime, but nothing more than a few moments, with the exception of a full dream where I was leading a team of superheros to battle against a giant creature, which is a dream ive replayed more than once.
I do have my troubles with lucid dreaming though. I would sometimes be in a dream, become lucid, play around, then id lose control of the dream and it would continue or take on some new form. To be specific about this dream, I was down the street from my house and talking with someone, I became lucid, turned around jumped in the air and began to fly, very slowly and with little control. Once I got as high as the power lines, my dream took over again and I ended up gliding onto a beach and unable to fly but was only floating when jumping off of a ledge. In the struggle to regain control, I woke up...
Although I'm not very skilled at it yet, i know i can lucid dream, which leaves me to believe that I'm able to astral project if i work at it. It just feels so important to me that i project. I just have so many questions about how to do it and what is possible within the Astral plane.
After reading some of Erin's blogs on the subject, I've tried to identify this Vibration or frequency, with its resulting noise, within myself. I feel I'm able to do something that might be described as a vibration, but it also comes off as a sort of numbness feeling. It happens when i focus on relaxing everything, and i've been trying to amplify this feeling when it occurs but i can seem to get it very high. it either peaks or it dips back down because I'm not focused enough. although, I don't think I've ever heard any noise as a result of this feeling, so I'm not sure its right. When do i know I've achieved the correct frequency and when i should try to pull myself from my material body? It feels kinda silly when i stand up in my living room and look behind me to see if my body is there.
I'm also wondering, In order to lucid dream, you have to be dreaming, and therefore, you have to be tired/asleep. Is the case the same with astral projection? could i, say, practice astral projection on my lunch break at work, even though I'm not tired at all because i have just eaten? I understand that it takes a level of calm and relaxation to achieve such things but I'm sure one could become relaxed in many places if they practiced enough. It's just that i feel like i could be practicing during the day when i feel i have nothing better to do and i don't always want to wait until I'm tired or when i go to sleep at night. Its just i have a problem when the only time i can practice something is when its in a limited window of time.
If anyone can assist me with my first projection, it would be greatly appreciated. I feel that if i can do something once, i know i can do it again with practice.
I also have some questions regarding the nature of the astral plane:
1) Does time progress normally? As in, if i spend and hour in the astral plane, does an hour occur on the material plane?
2) Can i effect things on the material plane? moving objects? communicating?
3) Can i help people out of their bodies to join me? Could i find my friend and pull them from their body, as long as they are willing of course, in order to get them to experience astral projection?
4) Do all affects on my astral body transfer to my material body, such as cuts or bruises? Am i tired in the morning if ive spent all night walking around in the astral plane?
5) Do all of the human senses translate into the astral plane? Can i smell, feel, and taste things on the astral plane the same way i do on the material plane?
6) Does astral projection actually feel real or is it just real enough to know its not just a dream? Could i be walking down the hall and amplify my vibration and not even know I'm projecting until i feel the pull of my body which has collapsed on the floor behind me?
7) How much control do i have over my astral form? can I shape shift, fly, phase, or teleport? How fast / far could i travel?
8) Are there other planes other than the astral plane? Could i will myself to a plane of my creation and design?
I'm sure i have more questions, but i will leave it at that. I know some of those are a bit hard to answer, and i do ask a lot of questions, but i get a bit excited when thinking about the possibilities of real supernatural experiences.
Thanks for any replies i may receive!
Last edited by Jtdaros; 12-14-2007 at 05:30 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Astral Projection Problems, I really need some help||skrivars||Psychic & Paranormal||23||07-17-2010 11:54 AM|
|Lucid dreaming, astral projection, out of body experiences, etc.||RandomJohn||Psychic & Paranormal||19||07-05-2010 10:17 PM|
|Astral projection||shel7580||Psychic & Paranormal||6||04-04-2010 04:15 AM|
|Astral Projection||JeremyW||Erin Pavlina||13||03-17-2009 03:13 PM|
|astral projection turned lucid dream||doogatyee||Psychic & Paranormal||1||06-18-2007 09:45 PM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:56 AM.