|12-14-2007, 05:27 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2007
New to Astral Projection.
Hello, I'm new to these forums, but not to Erin and Steve's blogs. I'm also new to the practice of astral projection. I have many questions that may have been answered in other threads, but i feel that a personal and specific question will help me better understand what i am trying to learn.
As far as I know, I have never experienced an astral projection, nor an out if body experience, but I am greatly looking forward to my first. When thinking about the possibilities of a successful projection, I find it more and more important to me to experience it.
I have done lucid dreaming around a half dozen times in my lifetime, but nothing more than a few moments, with the exception of a full dream where I was leading a team of superheros to battle against a giant creature, which is a dream ive replayed more than once.
I do have my troubles with lucid dreaming though. I would sometimes be in a dream, become lucid, play around, then id lose control of the dream and it would continue or take on some new form. To be specific about this dream, I was down the street from my house and talking with someone, I became lucid, turned around jumped in the air and began to fly, very slowly and with little control. Once I got as high as the power lines, my dream took over again and I ended up gliding onto a beach and unable to fly but was only floating when jumping off of a ledge. In the struggle to regain control, I woke up...
Although I'm not very skilled at it yet, i know i can lucid dream, which leaves me to believe that I'm able to astral project if i work at it. It just feels so important to me that i project. I just have so many questions about how to do it and what is possible within the Astral plane.
After reading some of Erin's blogs on the subject, I've tried to identify this Vibration or frequency, with its resulting noise, within myself. I feel I'm able to do something that might be described as a vibration, but it also comes off as a sort of numbness feeling. It happens when i focus on relaxing everything, and i've been trying to amplify this feeling when it occurs but i can seem to get it very high. it either peaks or it dips back down because I'm not focused enough. although, I don't think I've ever heard any noise as a result of this feeling, so I'm not sure its right. When do i know I've achieved the correct frequency and when i should try to pull myself from my material body? It feels kinda silly when i stand up in my living room and look behind me to see if my body is there.
I'm also wondering, In order to lucid dream, you have to be dreaming, and therefore, you have to be tired/asleep. Is the case the same with astral projection? could i, say, practice astral projection on my lunch break at work, even though I'm not tired at all because i have just eaten? I understand that it takes a level of calm and relaxation to achieve such things but I'm sure one could become relaxed in many places if they practiced enough. It's just that i feel like i could be practicing during the day when i feel i have nothing better to do and i don't always want to wait until I'm tired or when i go to sleep at night. Its just i have a problem when the only time i can practice something is when its in a limited window of time.
If anyone can assist me with my first projection, it would be greatly appreciated. I feel that if i can do something once, i know i can do it again with practice.
I also have some questions regarding the nature of the astral plane:
1) Does time progress normally? As in, if i spend and hour in the astral plane, does an hour occur on the material plane?
2) Can i effect things on the material plane? moving objects? communicating?
3) Can i help people out of their bodies to join me? Could i find my friend and pull them from their body, as long as they are willing of course, in order to get them to experience astral projection?
4) Do all affects on my astral body transfer to my material body, such as cuts or bruises? Am i tired in the morning if ive spent all night walking around in the astral plane?
5) Do all of the human senses translate into the astral plane? Can i smell, feel, and taste things on the astral plane the same way i do on the material plane?
6) Does astral projection actually feel real or is it just real enough to know its not just a dream? Could i be walking down the hall and amplify my vibration and not even know I'm projecting until i feel the pull of my body which has collapsed on the floor behind me?
7) How much control do i have over my astral form? can I shape shift, fly, phase, or teleport? How fast / far could i travel?
8) Are there other planes other than the astral plane? Could i will myself to a plane of my creation and design?
I'm sure i have more questions, but i will leave it at that. I know some of those are a bit hard to answer, and i do ask a lot of questions, but i get a bit excited when thinking about the possibilities of real supernatural experiences.
Thanks for any replies i may receive!
Last edited by Jtdaros; 12-14-2007 at 05:30 PM.
|12-14-2007, 10:40 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2007
To answer question #6, it does feel real.
I have read that some people have a hard time astral projecting or the go through a whole process for their soul to leave the body.
I have had 3 astral experiences (not done intentionally) and only once did i manage to leave my body. I didn't even need to try, i just did. A Spirit was next to my bed and i felt drawn to her, maybe that's why it was so easy.
|12-16-2007, 08:25 AM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2007
The best time to AP is after youíve slept for 3-4 hours and then wake up for about 15-60 minutes before attempting, this is the only way that Iím usually able to project.
1. Time doesnít really seem to apply much the astral seems to be beyond time. It can for example seem that you have been out of body longer than youíve been asleep.
2. I havenít experienced this but I have heard some accounts of it happening but itís hard to say. Itís possible to view the physical with whatís called a real time or etheric projection which is different from astral projection.
3. I havenít done this but Iíve heard a few stories of it happening. I also had a few experiences where I was pulled out by someone else but I had no idea who they were.
4. The non-physical body canít be destroyed and if something happens to it that wonít transfer to the physical body. There usually isnít much of a sense of pain, for example in one projection I was on a rooftop and jumped down to the ground landing on my neck, I felt the impact and some discomfort but it didnít really hurt. Although there was one experience where I jabbed myself in the ribs when projecting and when I woke up I felt a slight pain in that spot but really there is nothing to worry about here. Sometimes it can be a little tiring but most of the time I feel more energetic in the morning after projecting.
5. Yes, how acute your senses are can depend on how conscious you are during the experience but your senses can be just as real or sometimes seem more real than you physical senses. For example, if Iím having a very lucid projection and go up and touch a wall with my hand it usually feels about the same as if I had touched it when awake.
6. How real it feels can sometimes feel incredible. It really varies based on your state of mind when projecting and your beliefs about the non-physical have a huge influence on the experience. For example you can have a projection where you start and feel just as conscious as you would when physically awake but later on if you start to lose control of your thoughts and have trouble focusing it can degrade into a more dream-like experience because of your mind state.
7. You can have complete control it all depends on your state of mind when projecting and your beliefs about whatís possible. And it is possible to do things like flying, floating, and teleporting. The speed that you go is only limited by your mind. Producing desired actions in the non-physical is very different than when awake because thought is action. Also if youíre familiar with the law of attraction it is in effect in the non-physical much more so than the physical, often the result of your thoughts can fuel and almost instant change in the non-physical environment.
8. There are thought to be other planes which I donít know much about. I agree more with designating different focus levels which is a complicated subject. For example Focus 22 is where dreams or very low level non-physical experiences occur. Or there is focus 27 which could be considered a higher level projection, itís where more aware people who know that they have died go to make their transition. In Focus 27 there is an incredible amount of freedom to experience whatever you desire, you can create something easily just by thinking of it and it can stay there for you to go back to later.
|12-22-2007, 08:56 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: k town
well im also into to astral projection, and like you, i havent got it yet, and its realy frustrating, but my advice is to stick to it, well both get it, and you can project out of a lucid dream too, just fly straight up and youlle get immediatly zapped into youre astral body and fly straight out of youre body, and iv tried it, its just that i have trouble flying. it sucks. oh and by the way, i love that superhero lucid dream of yours, its cool.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Astral Projection Problems, I really need some help||skrivars||Psychic & Paranormal||23||07-17-2010 11:54 AM|
|Lucid dreaming, astral projection, out of body experiences, etc.||RandomJohn||Psychic & Paranormal||19||07-05-2010 10:17 PM|
|Astral projection||shel7580||Psychic & Paranormal||6||04-04-2010 04:15 AM|
|Astral Projection||JeremyW||Erin Pavlina||13||03-17-2009 03:13 PM|
|astral projection turned lucid dream||doogatyee||Psychic & Paranormal||1||06-18-2007 09:45 PM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:24 PM.