|12-13-2011, 11:24 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2011
What do you think about this? An all-in basic change...
What can be the advantages and disadvantages of applying the following 'rules' in one's daily life? Perhaps are these too rigid? Is it all doable?
Is following those 'rules' help productivity?
Is it worth giving them a 30 days trial?
(Of course, there are very basic stuff in it like tidiness, etc. but I just wish to check a values of complete body-mind-soul...)
It is from a booklet.
1) personal cleanliness
2) tidiness of dress
3) habitual wearing of vibhuti and kumkum on the forehead;
4) equal sharing of all enjoyments with those around him;
5) strict adherence to a time schedule;
6) performing useful work however ‘low’ it be;
7) never leaving a work unfinished;
the pursuit of perfection in every action;
9) incessant activity except while sleeping or resting after a spell of hard work;
10) never considering oneself superior to others;
11) speaking the truth always, or strict silence if the expression of a truth would hurt or lower the reputation of others;
12) perfect self-help;
13) never asking another to do a piece of work which can be done by oneself;
14) taking full responsibility for failure, if any, without shifting the blame on others;
15) accepting success and failure with equanimity;
16) never disturbing the peace of others;
17) leaving the leaf or plate clean after eating;
18) complete noninterference in the affairs of others;
19) never worrying about the future.
|12-14-2011, 03:06 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2011
It would probably be overwhelming to try all at once, unless you're a NEET. Even then I would discourage you from trying to follow all the rules at once.
Some of them are not practiceable; how can you never worry about the future? If some worrying thoughts cross your mind does that mean you've failed? How would you attempt to treat yourself if you fail to follow any of the rules?
Some are incompatible with certain personalities; I can never follow a strict schedule, nor complete every work I start on (because they are usually large projects).
|12-16-2011, 07:15 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2011
anything that your write on a piece of paper which is supposed to guide you will fail
the only thing that will work is if it is written in your heart and you have taken time to also convince your mind who is only interested in basic needs
for example "don't kill" or "don't rob" or "don't hurt" or million of other such rules can be replaced by the feeling of loving nature and life is precious in your heart. Then none of the rules will be needed because you will do the right thing without knowing the rules.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Basic? computer question||Lynn 007||Technology & Technical Skills||7||04-24-2010 02:08 PM|
|Is there any very basic C compiler?||ar81||Technology & Technical Skills||6||11-13-2009 10:21 PM|
|Basic Intelligence||trixxy||Personal Effectiveness||5||05-31-2008 11:02 PM|
|Some basic questions about having your own site||Erock||Technology & Technical Skills||19||12-24-2006 05:58 AM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 PM.