|11-08-2006, 01:02 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Can you cool people help me do a total time redistribution?
Ok currently my time is being wasted in large amounts, and it's getting bad. I basically need to hit the reset button on my time management skills.
These are things I need to get into order/do on a daily basis, they are things that I am not doing right now (instead I say I will but I spend my time on facebook or digg):
1. Get my bodybuilding winter bulk nutrition/diet in order
2. Make sure I get in some form of cardio on my non lifting days
3. Get all the homework that I feel I need to do; done.
4. Meditate for 30 minutes on my intentions.
5. Take a half hour to read/build my knowledge
6. Sleeping BEFORE 12:00 AM. Get 7-8 hours instead of 5-6. (11:30 PM ideal)
7. Have a half hour to teach my self economics
8. Time for better self care
9. Watch Entourage
I also want flexibility in my schedule, based on my past schedules I have noticed that they were far too stringent and inflexible. What I am trying to do here is not just have better time management, but an ideal day. I want to sleep like a baby in the end of the day and feel accomplished, instead of thinking about how I read some useless stuff on digg, messaged someone on face book, watched the Daily show.
I wake up at 6:30 AM and come home between 2:30 and 3:30 PM. Usually 2:30 PM.
So I have a good 8 waking hours to get all this stuff down, which I believe is more than enough.
I'm going to now go through and address each of these solutions to see how I could incorporate them into my life.
1. To get this in order, well I need to space my meals out effectively so I don't go out eating impulsively:
7:00 Meal 1 Oatmeal, Whey
10:00 Meal 2 Turkey on Wheat
2:30 Meal 3 Chicken breast, brown rice pasta
4:30 Meal 4 Whey Protein with whole milk, X2
7:00 Meal 5 Whatever my mom cooks
10:00 Meal 6 Peanut Butter with cottage cheese
Total = (500*6) = 3,000 calories. Just what I need.
2. Buy a punching bag, some gloves, and use this as cardio so my legs don't get tore up (I squat 3x a week). + is that I spent my $$$ on it so I could not possibly let it go to waste
3. By far the hardest. Classes like AP Biology require daily reading to get an A in. It is much better to get work related to this done earlier on because towards the end of the day I lose energy and cannot work on dense material. I also usually work better after a shower (need to workout before I shower though)so I should probably divvy up my homework so that I do the easy stuff. then workout. Then shower and tackle the hard stuff. I only do the stuff that I feel I need to do, other wise I won't do it if I feel it is not worth my time.
4. A 30 minute period where I could meditate on my intentions would help me a lot. I would do this after I finished my homework. This would require self discipline, because when I finish my homework, all I want to do is waste time on the computer or something.
5. I will be done with my homework, workout, dinner, and meditation by 9PM at the latest. From 9PM to 10PM I can read a book, I have many including Ask and It is Given which is on the top of my reading list. I don't want to limit my self to just reading books, but I will until I can obtain to self discipline to go on the computer and read stuff without getting distracted.
6. I NEED at least 7-8 hours of sleep to make muscle gains. Right now I procrastinate what I need to do, and then start doing it late and usually sleep around 12:30 AM. This usually leaves me with 5-6 hours of sleep. Being IN BED with the LIGHTS OFF around 11:30 will be ideal.
7. I want to teach my self economics so next year at University I will ace it, and get a good GPA so I can transfer out of it to the school I REALLY want to go to. I will begin this in 2007, I want to first make sure that I get into the University that I am currently applying to. In it's place I can use this time to work on College Essays for the other colleges I am applying to right now.
8. I plan on reserving time before bed to not just brush my teeth, but wash my face, and start a whole new brush, breath control, and face routine.
9. Ok this is the reward. I recently downloaded all 3 seasons of Entourage which I plan to watch every night between 10 & 11 as a sort of reward for my work throughout the day. I don't want to watch it too close to my 11:30 bed time, so if I procrastinate I will not let my self watch.
So my ideal day would go something like this
6:30 I would get up, freshly awoken without that "crap I need to sleep earlier feeling" and hit the shower. I would eat my Meal 1 at 7:00 and leave for school. There I would do what I normally do: socialize and eat my Meal 2 at 10:00. I would come home from school and have my Meal 3 at 2:30. That would be filling and provide me with a new burst of energy, I'm usually burnt out after this time so I watch the Colbert Report while I eat. Then I would spend a half hour catching up on email and the like. Then at 3:30 I would start my easy homework assignments, finish around 4:30. Then I would have my meal 4 at 4:30. This is my pre-Workout protein shake, I would workout be it good ol' lifting or boxing for an hour, come up and immediately hit the shower. After this I would make sure my computer is turned off and begin the hard homework that I would probably have and knock that out of the way before my Meal 5 at 7:00 dinner. After doing so I would go eat dinner, or if there is sufficient time before dinner, meditate. I wouldn't be stringent about my time saying do this as X time and do this at Y time. If there wasn't enough time between finishing my homework and dinner, then I will meditate after dinner. After that I will begin to read for an hour to build my knowledge. I want to use the "book in a week" rule that Steve has mentioned. It should be time for my Meal 6 at 10:00 after which I will write college essays and then watch Entourage. After that brush my teeth for 2 minutes straight, wash my face with the Nuertogina stuff and hit the hay sack at 11:30 PM.
The reason I posted this on here is to get opinions on what I have done. What do you guys think? What would I do if say I have an appointment at 5:30 or I get home a few hours late, I want to be ductile about how I handle my self. I want to have good experiences and I don't want a schedule to tie me down. That's another thing that would scare me, being a slave to a schedule. What I am trying to accomplish here is to have a fulfilling day, regardless of what might happen. Comments/Tips are welcome
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to find a love partner?||songwriter||Social & Relationships||260||12-10-2007 06:18 PM|
|Becoming Interesting: Meet Lots Of People||Henry||Social & Relationships||34||08-05-2007 03:45 AM|
|Book Review: "How To Get Control Of Your Time And Your Life" by Alan Lakein||Cron||Personal Effectiveness||6||12-22-2006 02:59 PM|
|Your StevePavlina.com Story||Calculusaurus||Steve Pavlina||51||12-06-2006 02:37 AM|
|Time management||toasterwater||Personal Effectiveness||6||11-05-2006 07:52 PM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 PM.