|12-20-2010, 09:56 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Madurai, TamilNadu, India
What's your TOP goals for 2011?
Well 2010 is done with. 2011 is just around the corner and I just heard Steve's podcast on Purpose and am currently working on my Specific action plans for 2011. I want 2011 to be my best year. All the tools have been gathered (Found Steve in June 2010, got an mp3 player to listen to podcasts and audio books, joined Toastmasters, made it a habit to get up at 5).
As of now I haven't figured how best I can contribute. Before even thinking about contributing, I feel the need to grow as discussed by Steve in his 1st podcast. So the one and only priority for me in 2011 is to grow GROW in every possible way. By the end of 2011 I want these to be manifested.
1) A bodyweight of 70kg and sick free throughout the year
2) A great Communicator - (Just did my Icebreaker in Toastmasters. I aim to finish the CC manual)
3) To have a great number of friends who are interested in PD and growth.
4) If the bell chimes and the bulbs glow when I see a girl, to fall in love with her and experience human relationship in depth
5) The first Rupee/Dollar by means of a side hustle
These are just a few things. I'll come up with more specific goals and action plans when I'm done with the exercise on finding the purpose and examining the health status of the 12 items that Steve listed in his 2nd Podcast (Health,Social, Finance, Spiritual, Family, Fun, Mind etc..)
I can't wait to know how the December of 2011 will turn out for me!!
Please use this thread to discuss your Goals and Intentions for 2011.
|12-20-2010, 05:58 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2008
Strange may it seem, but my top goal for this year is "lot of time for my son". He is struggling with studies (mild dyslexia) and has some social adjustment challenges. I was away from him for about one and a half year, so he missed the support that he needed from parent. Any how, no matter what, I’ll be there for him this year. And I am making this intention public.
There are number of other goals; one being to read at least ten 8+ books. 8+ is my grading system and a book has to be really good to be graded 8+.
|12-20-2010, 06:27 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mexico City
My overall "goal" for 2011 is Connection.
That translates into:
* get my website off to a great start, offer coachings, write more articles, write my ebook, do an audio program.
Connection with my "customers"
* Create an abundance of friendships that actually live close by, who are open minded, interesting, interested etc.
Connection with more awesome people.
* Create one or 2 very close friends with whom I can express my liking physically (or, in other words: friends with benefits )
Connection in a physical sense
* Start a family; how that is going to effect goal nr. 2 I'm not sure yet... I'm not going to plan, just see where life takes me.
Connection with a new human being
* Create more abundance in the health area of my life! Become more fit, get ill less often.
Connection with my body
|12-21-2010, 05:34 AM||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: France - Japan - Korea
I want to give back more. I will give 5% of all incomes to charity. I will kick my butt at work and find ways to get my art out there. I will keep improving the relationships in my life, in particular with my family and with my partner. I will show more gratitude
|12-30-2010, 05:30 AM||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
I have several goals but they all point to self discovery and taking control of every aspect of my life. I broke free from a controlling, abusive relationship with a domineering man who sucked up my personal identity and I want to reclaim that in 2011. I will do this by:
1. Network with other musicians and creating music that reflects who I am
2. Write a book
3. Take charge of my physical health and appearance (diet/weight loss)
4. Become a Domestic Violence activist and help other victims of abuse
5. Visit at least one place I've never been before
6. Stay single the whole year, and celibate at least the first 6 months
7. Develop a solid financial plan and implement it
|12-30-2010, 09:56 AM||#8 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2007
I was nearing work-related burnout at the end of 2009 and my top priority for 2010 was to scale back work to a manageable level and get my life straightened out. That's done and I'm a very happy person nowadays.
In 2011 I'd like to continue the trend and address my top wishes:
-Cement the habit of early wake-up+instant wake-up. A tremendous time saver, but the holidays blew me off track.
-Get lean&muscular. I'm skinny and on my way to skinny&fat.
-Learn German well enough to pass an intermediate-level language exam.
-And of course (and this is the biggest) do all this while maintaining my good results from 2010.
|12-30-2010, 02:29 PM||#10 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: where don't I live?
Move out of my parents' house and work towards financial independence. I don't mind that they help me out with some things, but I would like to be as self-sufficient as possible.
Improve my electric guitar playing. This goal is sort of nebulous, but it kind of has to be with music. I'd like to get some lessons and really dedicate myself.
Start recording my own music. I have all the equipment, now it's just figuring out what the hell I'm doing.
Those are the biggies!
|12-31-2010, 02:28 AM||#11 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2010
1. Finish my first jazz album with my friend.
2. Continue working as guitar instructor on guitarmasterclass.net
3. Finish my first instructional DVD "Learn to play J.S.Bach"
Here you can here what I mean... and here
4. Start eating healthier(less carbs more protein, less candies more vegetables!
5. Start giving skype guitar lessons for focusing on technique, theory, improvisation. How to get more done with less practicing. Focusing on beginner/intermediate level students and "interactive systematic learning" instead of traditional method. Try to be more helpful/systematic/motivational with students.
6. Improve my improvisation skills, focus on left hand in practicing more, systematically practice technique
7. Start playing piano, finally!
8. Reconnect with old friends
9. Start again giving free, regular guitar lessons for beginner/intermediate level players in order to improve my teaching method
10. Start again with gym!
11. Stop spending too much money.
12. Get more live gigs!
13. Join library!
|12-31-2010, 05:57 PM||#12 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2007
1. Stop being so modest. By more expensive closes, necklases, spend more money on things that matter to me.
Don't save money so much just for sake "being modest"!
2. Improve my appearance, work out. Spend more money on really nice clothes!
3. Start cooking regularly!
4. Eat healthier! START eating vegetables, fruits, cut on carbs! Eat more low-glycemic foods, cut little bit on fast food!
5. Stop trying to be perfect, lower my expectations from my self(being super-modest), lower my standards.
6. Get back to old job!
7. Improve my sleeping habits, sleep less.
8. Get back to my old love! Computers!
9. Improve my social life!
10. Stop caring so much of what other people think of you!
11. Be more alert, present!
12. Don't waste too much time on the internet!
13. Finish my projects, just for sake of "finishing what I started" and because I procrastinated for a year!
14. Don't try to do so many things at once, don't expect to be this and that!
15. Finally, BE more realistic!
Last edited by Gambler; 12-31-2010 at 10:13 PM.
|01-01-2011, 02:27 AM||#13 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2007
1. Get my FINANCES under control! It was something I aimed for last year, but didn't quite achieve However, it is something I really need to focus on.
2. Get my HEALTH sorted out. I'm not "unhealthy" in that I don't get sick, don't need medication etc. etc. but I'm still overweight, and I need to fix that I'm better off than I was a year ago, so there has been SOME progress, but I need to keep it consistent!
3. Spend more quality time with my kids! I think sometimes with the focus on work etc. I spend too much time sitting in front of the computer... trying to work, but sometimes just browsing . I need to get that sorted out so I can be more family oriented!
4. Get organised... sort my house out etc. get into some sort of cleaning routine that I can stick to, so things aren't so haphazard. Also, I need to find a way of motivating my kids in the same direction! Most of the time I feel like I'm taking a few steps forward and even more steps back... but 90% if not more... is because my kids make a right bloody mess, and I have to go tidy up after them! I need to find a way of getting my kids to help without me having to harp at them, or yell at them or whatever in order to pull their weight and tidy up after themselves!
|01-01-2011, 05:52 AM||#14 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2010
1. Connect with my shame - express it - let it go.
2. Move into more healthy and rewarding relationships - stop seeing things in people that I want to see and start seeing them as they truly are - including ME!
3. Deal with my addiction/s - for the last time.
4. Discover and develop a second and third income stream to loosen up my finances and help secure my financial future.
5. Build and maintain a good level of health and fitness. Lose 10kg. Eat EVERY day. Walk.
6. Get out of bed AS SOON AS I WAKE UP!
7. Develop a water-tight system for keeping my home clean, tidy, beautiful and organised.
|01-01-2011, 06:44 AM||#15 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2009
1. To love like there's no tomorrow.
2. To love like there is a tomorrow.
3. To find as many ways of doing so as possible.
So none of my 2010 goals got accomplished. I think it's better to keep things simple this time around. My more specific goals are by the month now, not by the year!
|01-21-2011, 12:14 AM||#16 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Davis, California
surviving 2012. I saw the movie.....
surviving 2012. I saw the movie.....
|01-21-2011, 12:46 AM||#17 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2008
My personal goals and intentions for 2011?
To get my left hand working again where it's been paralyzed by nerve damage. I exercise and massage it every day know it will work again just fine just a question of when...hope it's this year soon.
To be really connected with everything I do and not ever to do anything mindlessly. Not ever to walk in a woods while thinking stupid crap or texting on the phone, instead of just thinking "woods".....
For my friend in ICU to recover miraculously and come back again.
To play more frisbee with my dog.
To maybe get the 67,000 someone owes me ! That would be fun.
|01-22-2011, 05:43 AM||#19 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2011
I've set the following goals for myself for 2011 (way after 2011 started):
Never to get as de-motivated as I've been for the last 6 months (2011 and beyond)
For the last 6 months, I haven't really felt like doing anything to grow. I was very de-motivated about my field of study and because of this, I didn't feel like growing in any part of my life. Something I greatly regret now. In order to never let this happen again I will......
Immerse myself into Personal Development
Last week I decided I had to do something about my de-motivated state. I decided to read a book explaining why we do the things we do, and how this knowledge could help me enhance my life. This book got me further looking into Personal Development in general, which really got me hooked into Personal Development. What an interesting field.
My goal is to read at least 8 books on Personal Development this year and apply the knowledge I gain in my life.
Communicate with (new) people
I'm an introvert person. The last years I've really never attempted to connect with (new) people or really communicate. Instead I only really communicate with people I already know and even then, not so much.
I don't like this. Deep down I want to communicate with people. In order to work on this goal I will make more of an attempt to communicate with (new) people. Posting on this forum is my first step.
I've always been the kind of guy who reads books and (over-)thinks, but never really takes action on the things I read and think about. Instead, I read more books.
This year I want to rid myself of this habit. I will take actions when I feel like I'm over-thinking, and I will apply the knowledge I gain by taking specific actions.
Start a blog
I will start blogging. My goal for this blog is to share the knowledge I already have and the new knowledge I gain from reading, and help other people this way. Another reason for starting a blog is to gain a better understanding of the things I read about by writing about it myself.
With my blog I want to help people in ways I can. My goal is to have at least 500 subscribers by the end of this year.
Graduate cum laude
I'm currently in my last year of obtaining my bachelor's degree. I want to obtain this degree cum laude with an average grade of 9/10 and a lowest grade of 8/10. In order to reach this goal I will keep going strong as I have been doing last years.
It's nice to meet you all
|04-11-2011, 08:32 AM||#20 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kolkata (Salt Lake), India
Top Goals for 2011
To get to lose weight and be at 70 Kg from 74 Kg now.
To be financially free by making adequate investments.
To become one of the top conselors in the world.
To have blissful harmonious family life.
To be effective and goal reaching in my salaried job.
|2011, goals, intentions|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My 2011 Focus||Mounds||Personal Effectiveness||8||12-07-2010 11:03 PM|
|Steve - 2011 - Europa - Some Help??!!||visamundo||Steve Pavlina||4||10-20-2010 09:32 PM|
|Ironman 70.3 Hawaii; June 4, 2011||Thanatopsis||Fun & Recreation||2||08-06-2010 02:40 AM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:03 AM.