|12-20-2010, 09:56 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Madurai, TamilNadu, India
What's your TOP goals for 2011?
Well 2010 is done with. 2011 is just around the corner and I just heard Steve's podcast on Purpose and am currently working on my Specific action plans for 2011. I want 2011 to be my best year. All the tools have been gathered (Found Steve in June 2010, got an mp3 player to listen to podcasts and audio books, joined Toastmasters, made it a habit to get up at 5).
As of now I haven't figured how best I can contribute. Before even thinking about contributing, I feel the need to grow as discussed by Steve in his 1st podcast. So the one and only priority for me in 2011 is to grow GROW in every possible way. By the end of 2011 I want these to be manifested.
1) A bodyweight of 70kg and sick free throughout the year
2) A great Communicator - (Just did my Icebreaker in Toastmasters. I aim to finish the CC manual)
3) To have a great number of friends who are interested in PD and growth.
4) If the bell chimes and the bulbs glow when I see a girl, to fall in love with her and experience human relationship in depth
5) The first Rupee/Dollar by means of a side hustle
These are just a few things. I'll come up with more specific goals and action plans when I'm done with the exercise on finding the purpose and examining the health status of the 12 items that Steve listed in his 2nd Podcast (Health,Social, Finance, Spiritual, Family, Fun, Mind etc..)
I can't wait to know how the December of 2011 will turn out for me!!
Please use this thread to discuss your Goals and Intentions for 2011.
|12-20-2010, 05:58 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2008
Strange may it seem, but my top goal for this year is "lot of time for my son". He is struggling with studies (mild dyslexia) and has some social adjustment challenges. I was away from him for about one and a half year, so he missed the support that he needed from parent. Any how, no matter what, I’ll be there for him this year. And I am making this intention public.
There are number of other goals; one being to read at least ten 8+ books. 8+ is my grading system and a book has to be really good to be graded 8+.
|12-20-2010, 06:27 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mexico City
My overall "goal" for 2011 is Connection.
That translates into:
* get my website off to a great start, offer coachings, write more articles, write my ebook, do an audio program.
Connection with my "customers"
* Create an abundance of friendships that actually live close by, who are open minded, interesting, interested etc.
Connection with more awesome people.
* Create one or 2 very close friends with whom I can express my liking physically (or, in other words: friends with benefits )
Connection in a physical sense
* Start a family; how that is going to effect goal nr. 2 I'm not sure yet... I'm not going to plan, just see where life takes me.
Connection with a new human being
* Create more abundance in the health area of my life! Become more fit, get ill less often.
Connection with my body
|12-21-2010, 05:34 AM||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: France - Japan - Korea
I want to give back more. I will give 5% of all incomes to charity. I will kick my butt at work and find ways to get my art out there. I will keep improving the relationships in my life, in particular with my family and with my partner. I will show more gratitude
|12-21-2010, 05:56 AM||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
I will make the most of the opportunities for supplementing my income providing massage service at my new home when I move in, 3 weeks from now, with the generous offer from my new house mate to use her professional massage room and bed. Most grateful for that one.
I will be spending less time on the forum and more time painting and creating and writing stories and scripts.
I will be saving as much money as possible to travel and will finish my english teaching course.
I will be spending more time practising Tarot and using my intuitive empathic abilities in some sort of life coaching/counselling capacity.
|12-21-2010, 12:07 PM||#9 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2009
1. Relationships - I will connect with friends, family, my wife on a deeper level and new friends will come into my life. So far, being authentic has been tremendous in this respect.
2. Health - I will continue my exercise routine (Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun - 40 mins) and eat healthy.
3. Challenges - I will finish what I start and do what I say I will do. Currently, I have a long history of intending something and backing out at the last minute or simply not finishing.
I guess I'll call that my focus. A couple of specific goals that are important to me:
-attend at least three Big Brothers, Big Sisters social events
-keep in touch with my friends (e-mail, phone call, meet for lunch)
-go through the Master Practitioner NLP course
-learn to canoe
-learn to dance
-practice singing daily
That's all I've got for now I was hoping for someone to start this thread!
|12-21-2010, 07:42 PM||#11 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Estonia, Tallinn
1. Spend more quality time with my girlfriend.
2. Continue improving my energy, healthy lifestyle (increase muscle mass, become stronger, develop better endurance, become more flexible).
3. Join Toastmaster's Club and improve my communication and leadership skills tremendously.
4. Complete a personal fitness trainer exam and find a job as personal fitness trainer (analyze my workout routines and nutrition plans continuously to learn as well).
5. Learn a lot about business/marketing, nutrition, weight training and pscychology.
6. Increase my social network with intelligent people, who are interested in making a difference in the world.
7. Initiate projects at Estonian Health Promotion Union.
8. Keep writing articles about all types of stories in my blog, improve my writing skills through that.
9. Increase my finances.
10. ? - all other things that come up on the way.
|12-21-2010, 08:00 PM||#12 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2009
2011 will be the last year in a five year plan that I set in motion right after my divorce. In the depths of all the tragedy that I was facing at the time, for some reason I mapped out five areas in which I would like to master by the time I was 30 years old. In that list was:
1. Taking care of and moving beyond the divorce (which involved cleaning out the house we were in, separating our stuff, finishing the legality part of things, and sort the emotions I was facing at the time).
2. Fixing my finances and building a new financial plan based on a more solid foundation.
3. Lose weight and find ways in which to be healthier and more vital and have more energy.
4. Make new friends and create a new social life for myself.
5. Find a new career, something that inspires and fulfils me.
Five years later, how did I do? The first four I met and exceeded with flying colors, and the last one I'm still sorting.
Funny enough, it took me a year to focus on and move beyond each of them. And then when I had mastered a certain plan for them, I moved onto the next one and took my focus off the others. That is, the success I found in each one individually, kinda backtracked and lost ground in each as I moved onto a new focus.
The reason I mention all of that is because my number one goal for 2011 is to round out those 5 areas and Integration of all them in a more balanced manner.
So my top goal for 2011 is Finishing up my five year goals, Balance and Integration.
|12-24-2010, 07:13 PM||#14 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, England
I have several goals, but they all point to one thing- spending quality time with my daughter.
Career- just purchased the 2 for 1 SBI. Going to give it everything to earn a living on- line and quit my job- so that I can spend more time with my girl.
Fitness- improve my fitness and lose weight- so I have more energy to spend with my little lady.
A few other things, but they all point to Faith
|12-25-2010, 07:59 AM||#15 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2009
I was going to make this thread, so thank you for starting it!
2011 will be the greatest year of my life! The past few years have been about really figuring out who I really want to become, and I have a fairly good grasp of what that is. This year will be about getting my self in gear, and actually making it happen. We need solid concrete goals, a goal that is worded in the present, and is stated in such a manner that we know exactly when we have reached it.
At the end of 2011....
1)I have created 100 unique content pages for my website.
2)My website is making enough monthly income to sustain myself.
3)I have saved $14k liquid outside of investment savings.
4)I have quit my job, and live off savings, side business, and website.
5)I have read 12 personal development books.
6)I have completed all dental work, and my teeth, and gum's are excellent.
7)I have taken at least 1 full 7 day vacation to the beach.
8)I have fasted to completion, and feel renewed, and energized.
9)I am completely healed, and free of pain.
10)I am healthy & fit.10% bf,50 pushups,20 pullups at once. Good blood work.
|12-26-2010, 01:30 AM||#16 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2010
Hello there! My name is Dominik, but I am known in certain areas as Belthazzar, hence the nickname. I am from Slovakia and Im studying on Masaryks University, in Czech Republic first year of informatics.
Ive been reading these forums for couple hours today and so I decided this thread is great to make my first post :)
Since very end of the year, I have discovered guy named Carlos Xuma, while googling "Why all girls refuse me" and his book about dating and being "alpha" which is idea I really liked and so decided to become one of this kind of population. Thats why Im setting up some goals a bit higher.
1. Pass smoothly to the second year of college.
I guess most important on the list and only one I find
unthinkable to not fulfill.
Lose my virginity with someone I can proudly call "a girlfriend"
I was chasing down a single girl for 4 years so far, so I couldn't
"get laid" while on high school. And I refuse to lose it to some drunk
hoe at the party. But hey, Im just 18 years old, so no worries.
3. Get into shape.
It means enough muscle mass to feel attractive without shirt on the beach
and lose 10-15kg of fat. This is more short-term, since I want to do it till summer to fully enjoy it :P I already signed up for gym and swimming and
I reduced calories intake by 30% so far without worrying about random pizza threw in. Great thing is that one of my best friends decided to do same thing
so we can support each other.
4. Buy my own car.
Ultimate financial target. Well, ultimate is to earn enough to buy an apartment and become rich enough my dear parents wont have to
pay for my stuff. Main thing is that I want to do it my way. For my own work.
Because I have natural problems with autorities :D. But I think my projects will
give me more money then some random freshman part-time job. What are they? Game development for iPhones!
5. and 6. are tied together, so...
Make a movie and make it good enought to win local short-movie festival.
I have enrolled "Basics of film-making" this semester, since movies are my second biggest hobby, where first part is about writting script and, in second semester, we will make them. From about ~30-40 scripts, only about 20 got approved for second semester, mine was one of them, so yay, and teacher said that usually just half gets finished. So I want to be in the higher half. And course is finished by short-movie festival, where best one is picked. And I want mine to be the best. (I hope this will also increase my abilities as a story teller in the games, since my biggest game design idols are Hideo Kojima and Chris Metzen)
7. Win huge World of Warcraft TCG event.
I am currently one of local champions (but not best), but I can feel I have potential to be the one who wins either Realms (4 countries - tournament),
DMFs (once-every-two-months world event, always in different city), Nationals (national championship) or even Continentals (European championship). Wish me luck :)
8. Travel to either E3 or Leipzig for Games Convention.
I am huge gamer, my life-goal is to be the best Game Designer. And I want to meet those people, shake their hands and sit down for a chat. I hope that till this point, Ill have success on iOS platform and so, Ill have some minor recognision as a game designer, which instantly brings topics to talk about with those people.
9. Read some of the books.
Its mostly classic I skipped on high school and I regret. My main goals currently are Puzo's Godfather, Dostojevskij's Idiot and Heller's Catch 22 (and my huge embarassement in geek society, Lord of the Rings trilogy).
10. Quit bitting my nails.
Its damn annyoing... and I just cant stop doing it :D
Last edited by Belthazzar; 12-26-2010 at 01:33 AM.
|12-28-2010, 02:38 AM||#18 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Topsham, Maine, a small town near the coast about a half hour north of Portland
My top goals for 2011
My major immediate goal for 2011 is to land a good job so I can start building up some income. I've been out of work for 2 years, so it'll be difficult, but I can do it. I've already started a 90-day plan for the first 3 months, and I'm setting into motion some work with with time-management techniques so I can be more effective not only in accomplishing this goal, but in managing my whole life.
The end-goal--my dream--is to get my own apartment. But that might be a long ways off--I need to get some steady cash coming in so I can get to that level.
|12-30-2010, 05:30 AM||#21 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
I have several goals but they all point to self discovery and taking control of every aspect of my life. I broke free from a controlling, abusive relationship with a domineering man who sucked up my personal identity and I want to reclaim that in 2011. I will do this by:
1. Network with other musicians and creating music that reflects who I am
2. Write a book
3. Take charge of my physical health and appearance (diet/weight loss)
4. Become a Domestic Violence activist and help other victims of abuse
5. Visit at least one place I've never been before
6. Stay single the whole year, and celibate at least the first 6 months
7. Develop a solid financial plan and implement it
|12-30-2010, 09:56 AM||#22 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2007
I was nearing work-related burnout at the end of 2009 and my top priority for 2010 was to scale back work to a manageable level and get my life straightened out. That's done and I'm a very happy person nowadays.
In 2011 I'd like to continue the trend and address my top wishes:
-Cement the habit of early wake-up+instant wake-up. A tremendous time saver, but the holidays blew me off track.
-Get lean&muscular. I'm skinny and on my way to skinny&fat.
-Learn German well enough to pass an intermediate-level language exam.
-And of course (and this is the biggest) do all this while maintaining my good results from 2010.
|12-30-2010, 02:29 PM||#24 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: where don't I live?
Move out of my parents' house and work towards financial independence. I don't mind that they help me out with some things, but I would like to be as self-sufficient as possible.
Improve my electric guitar playing. This goal is sort of nebulous, but it kind of has to be with music. I'd like to get some lessons and really dedicate myself.
Start recording my own music. I have all the equipment, now it's just figuring out what the hell I'm doing.
Those are the biggies!
|12-31-2010, 02:28 AM||#25 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2010
1. Finish my first jazz album with my friend.
2. Continue working as guitar instructor on guitarmasterclass.net
3. Finish my first instructional DVD "Learn to play J.S.Bach"
Here you can here what I mean... and here
4. Start eating healthier(less carbs more protein, less candies more vegetables!
5. Start giving skype guitar lessons for focusing on technique, theory, improvisation. How to get more done with less practicing. Focusing on beginner/intermediate level students and "interactive systematic learning" instead of traditional method. Try to be more helpful/systematic/motivational with students.
6. Improve my improvisation skills, focus on left hand in practicing more, systematically practice technique
7. Start playing piano, finally!
8. Reconnect with old friends
9. Start again giving free, regular guitar lessons for beginner/intermediate level players in order to improve my teaching method
10. Start again with gym!
11. Stop spending too much money.
12. Get more live gigs!
13. Join library!
|12-31-2010, 05:57 PM||#26 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2007
1. Stop being so modest. By more expensive closes, necklases, spend more money on things that matter to me.
Don't save money so much just for sake "being modest"!
2. Improve my appearance, work out. Spend more money on really nice clothes!
3. Start cooking regularly!
4. Eat healthier! START eating vegetables, fruits, cut on carbs! Eat more low-glycemic foods, cut little bit on fast food!
5. Stop trying to be perfect, lower my expectations from my self(being super-modest), lower my standards.
6. Get back to old job!
7. Improve my sleeping habits, sleep less.
8. Get back to my old love! Computers!
9. Improve my social life!
10. Stop caring so much of what other people think of you!
11. Be more alert, present!
12. Don't waste too much time on the internet!
13. Finish my projects, just for sake of "finishing what I started" and because I procrastinated for a year!
14. Don't try to do so many things at once, don't expect to be this and that!
15. Finally, BE more realistic!
Last edited by Gambler; 12-31-2010 at 10:13 PM.
|01-01-2011, 02:27 AM||#27 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2007
1. Get my FINANCES under control! It was something I aimed for last year, but didn't quite achieve However, it is something I really need to focus on.
2. Get my HEALTH sorted out. I'm not "unhealthy" in that I don't get sick, don't need medication etc. etc. but I'm still overweight, and I need to fix that I'm better off than I was a year ago, so there has been SOME progress, but I need to keep it consistent!
3. Spend more quality time with my kids! I think sometimes with the focus on work etc. I spend too much time sitting in front of the computer... trying to work, but sometimes just browsing . I need to get that sorted out so I can be more family oriented!
4. Get organised... sort my house out etc. get into some sort of cleaning routine that I can stick to, so things aren't so haphazard. Also, I need to find a way of motivating my kids in the same direction! Most of the time I feel like I'm taking a few steps forward and even more steps back... but 90% if not more... is because my kids make a right bloody mess, and I have to go tidy up after them! I need to find a way of getting my kids to help without me having to harp at them, or yell at them or whatever in order to pull their weight and tidy up after themselves!
|01-01-2011, 05:52 AM||#28 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2010
1. Connect with my shame - express it - let it go.
2. Move into more healthy and rewarding relationships - stop seeing things in people that I want to see and start seeing them as they truly are - including ME!
3. Deal with my addiction/s - for the last time.
4. Discover and develop a second and third income stream to loosen up my finances and help secure my financial future.
5. Build and maintain a good level of health and fitness. Lose 10kg. Eat EVERY day. Walk.
6. Get out of bed AS SOON AS I WAKE UP!
7. Develop a water-tight system for keeping my home clean, tidy, beautiful and organised.
|01-01-2011, 06:44 AM||#29 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2009
1. To love like there's no tomorrow.
2. To love like there is a tomorrow.
3. To find as many ways of doing so as possible.
So none of my 2010 goals got accomplished. I think it's better to keep things simple this time around. My more specific goals are by the month now, not by the year!
|01-01-2011, 10:54 AM||#30 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2010
1. Find a new circle of friends.
Most of my friends don't live nearby. We all got homes and/or jobs in different places so it's hard to meet during the year. The new friends I made that are nearby are great but they have a lot more money than me so that means I am unable to accept invitations to expensive restaurants, can't give back quality presents or have fun when it's all money orientated (not their fault but I feel inadequate). Also they don't have jobs and I find myself under pressure to make time to meet. So, I'd like to meet other friends (preferably couples) who have professional lives, like to travel (on a budget) and who we (husband and I) are totally comfortable with (to go to cinema, for a coffee, etc).
2. Write the book!
I intend to write 1,000 words a day, starting today.
3. Travel more
Be able to afford two weekend breaks abroad a year. Maybe Rome and Geneva this year.
4. Live more and give Self-Development less time.
The past few years were growth-years. I am no where near enlightenment but considering where I started maybe this is as close as it'll get for a while. I need a break. I don't mean I need to press STOP (otherwise I'd not be here) but I need to live more what I learned and be my new self and not delve so much in theories for this and the other.
5. Meet Jon Bon Jovi
Ha! Don't ask. I already manifested so much regarding the above that maybe this is the next step.
Last edited by Green Lady; 01-01-2011 at 10:56 AM.
|2011, goals, intentions|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My 2011 Focus||Mounds||Personal Effectiveness||8||12-07-2010 11:03 PM|
|Steve - 2011 - Europa - Some Help??!!||visamundo||Steve Pavlina||4||10-20-2010 09:32 PM|
|Ironman 70.3 Hawaii; June 4, 2011||Thanatopsis||Fun & Recreation||2||08-06-2010 02:40 AM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:48 AM.