|10-19-2011, 02:18 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Davis, California
Pattern on the Trestleboard Meditation
[The Pattern on the Trestleboard is a series of 11 statements which encapsulate the esoteric meaning expressed by the numbers zero through ten. First introduced by the famous occultist Paul Foster Case in his book The Tarot.]
Sit with the phrase for Zero. Focus upon it entirely. Say each word with excruciating slowness. Ponder each one, one at a time, moving on to the next only when you have the first one tucked under your belt thoroughly. As you take each new word, incorporate it into the preceding ones before moving on. In this way, slowly build the phrase, letting each new word lead you deeper into its fullness. When you reach the whole phrase, repeat it over and over slowly. Let it revolve in your mind, illuminating each of its myriad facets.
Do this with each of the 11 phrases, in sequence. This may well take 11 sittings to accomplish on the first round. At this point, I can go the whole circuit in seconds, so it does get faster. I use a modified version of this when I face a puzzling problem. I repeat the circuit slowly with the situation in mind and this helps me gain clarity.
If you do the above meditation, you will never forget the Pattern on the Trestleboard!
The Pattern on the Trestleboard THIS IS TRUTH ABOUT THE SELF:
0. All the power that ever was or will be is here now.
1. I am a center of expression for the Primal Will-to-Good which eternally creates and sustains the universe.
2. Through me its unfailing Wisdom takes form in thought and word.
3. Filled with Understanding of its perfect law, I am guided, moment by moment, along the path of liberation.
4. From the exhaustless riches of its Limitless Substance, I draw all things needful, both spiritual and material.
5. I recognize the manifestation of the undeviating Justice in all the circumstances of my life.
6. In all things, great and small, I see the Beauty of the divine expression.
7. Living from that Will, supported by its unfailing Wisdom and Understanding, mine is the Victorious Life.
8. I look forward with confidence to the perfect realization of the Eternal Splendor of the Limitless Light.
9. In thought and word and deed, I rest my life, from day to day, upon the sure Foundation of Eternal Being.
10. The Kingdom of Spirit is embodied in my flesh.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Ack, I broke my pattern||ArtVandelay||Personal Effectiveness||5||11-11-2010 07:19 PM|
|Help needed with this pattern.||elucidate||Emotional Mastery||116||08-23-2010 03:39 PM|
|Stuck in a pattern||marinik||Health & Fitness||12||05-18-2010 03:04 PM|
|Sleeping Pattern||Petrolhead||Health & Fitness||4||01-23-2009 09:51 PM|
|a pattern to change?||jaamkie||Social & Relationships||4||04-28-2008 08:15 PM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 AM.