|10-17-2011, 06:46 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2008
After reading one of the articles, I came to know that I have powerful irrational beliefs which trigger the unnecessary emotions which in turns changes my behavior and always put me in less confident situation.
What are those irrational beliefs about me?
1. I am not handsome because I am Fat
2. Because I am fat hence people might be laughing at me, making fun of me
3. I am unworthy of success
4. I am not confident – people have told me many times that my presentation is good and also confident but I myself not found my presentation that much good.
5. I severely doubt others compliments. To explain further I would like to give one example. Say I have given one presentation and as usual I found it not that much good, whereas all participants says that it was good but I kept ignoring their comments and repeats in my mind that the person (who complemented me) is lying to me. He might be feeling awkward to express negative feelings about presentation to me directly hence he might be lying.
6. I don’t like myself
7. I can’t do it –though I have all the necessary experience and proven skills.
8. I always consider others as superior than me in every aspect of life, especially in work place, which is hampering my career growth very badly. For example, I always have the best phone (very expensive, stylish etc) but still I am not happy with that phone.
9. I think I am less intelligent person. (I tried to find out the clue and I found nothing …not the single clue which proves or says that I am not intelligent but still I knowingly beliefs this. (Oh God I am so helpless and I tiered of this helplessness )
10. I think I am not focused in my work
Any Suggestions about how to solve these issues?
|10-17-2011, 07:29 AM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2011
The only thing I would say is,when are you going to stop being so hard on yourself? And why would you measure yourself against anyone else? You are more than perfect and good enough, it's you that is doing this damage to yourself.
I used to be very hard on myself in the way I never went to university,I did loads of other training that I enjoyed and one thing that changed my outlook on myself was the fact that in my career I became much higher up in my position than colleagues who went to uni. I stopped putting myself down and appreciated my worth. I'm still working on other bits about myself but have come a long way, you can too, start looking at one good thing about yourself and you will start seeing more good things
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Irrational / Unessesary Appearance Beliefs||roxyruby||World Affairs||21||02-10-2011 07:07 AM|
|Irrational fear of putting myself on the line||amanwithaplan||Social & Relationships||10||03-16-2010 01:56 PM|
|Irrational Guilt?||conroy||Emotional Mastery||11||02-27-2010 10:52 PM|
|Is this belief irrational?||davidv90||Personal Effectiveness||2||11-23-2009 10:15 AM|
|Extreme Irrational Fear||VoodooChile||Psychic & Paranormal||8||04-01-2008 04:29 PM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:50 PM.