A Darkworker's Guide to Building a High-Traffic Blog
Inspired by Steve's articles about polarity, lightworkers, and darkworkers, I thought you guys might like a rewrite of one of his more popular articles, How to Build a High-Traffic Web Site (Or Blog). You can see the original article here:
Since Steve is a lightworker and the article is about how *he* built traffic, it's only natural that the advice applies mainly to other lightworkers. Figuring that the darkworkers around here might be feeling a little confused, I redid the numbers to reflect a more darkworkerish perspective. Enjoy:
1. Create compelling content that grabs people's attention
2. Create valuable content to build trust over time
3. Create persuasive content that turns readers into buyers
4. Write for links first, people second
5. Know why you want a high-traffic site
6. Use your blog to build your reputation
7. Write to achieve a goal, and give a call to action
8. Treat visitors well to avoid losing them to competitors
9. Keep helping others in its proper place.
10. If you forget the first nine suggestions, just focus on gaining links and the rest will take care of itself.
What else have I missed? I'm sure the rest of the darkworkers out there have other suggestions for manifesting a high-traffic blog. :-)
You forgot the most important element - "The Opt-in List" :D
Be controversial - people love controversy
Pick some crazy and attention grabbing that stands out from the internet crowd.(points to own sig, watch this space for something like this soon...)
Good adaptation. Maybe I'll go for this kind of blog.
Don't forget about SEO! We definitely need more asbestos bloggers. :)
|All times are GMT. The time now is 12:52 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright © 2010 by Pavlina LLC