|03-05-2007, 03:47 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Questions about statements for Vision Statement/Board etc
What statements do you use in a Vision Statement or for that matter a Vision board or audio?
I have some long term lifestyle goals. To get to those goals I've broken them down in sub-goals - an action plan really.(Like what position do I need to be in at the end of the year, end of the month, what my weekly and daily schedule should be this month etc..) I've also set deadlines.
So what statements do I use ? Do I only include the long term Lifestyle goal statements? Or do I include at least a few major breakdowns of my goals along with the deadlines?
Or should I create a Vision statement concerning myself only with my short term ...say my annual goals? Then at the end of the year- when i have achieved what i set out to as a part of my action plan- i'll create another vision statement.
|03-05-2007, 02:48 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Anything that makes sense to you. The whole point is to give focus for your life.
Here's mine to give you an example:
What I want from Life:
1. Live my life with purpose & drive.
2. Improve myself to create value for others.
3. Impact others, even in death.
- I want to Live My Life Like I am Destined to Die Early: I want to believe that my life has a purpose and that time is running out to finish my lifeís work. I donít want to be so burdened down by meaningless of everyday life. I want to pursue the things that truly matter to me. Each person has only a few days to accomplish their life work, so I need to make the most of it.
- I want to Become a Male of Value: I believe that there are fundamentally distinct roles between males and females. I also believe in the functional purpose of hierarchy. I desire to excel in my role as a male to provide value to all who interact with me. I do not wish to oppress, but by force of my personality, people will choose to follow me.
- I want to Start an Ideological Revolution: I have visions of anarchy. I want to tear down the curtains of the social structure to reveal our true humanity. I see the love of security. I see the need for uncertainty. Now is the time for change.
- I donít want to work for money. I want money to come as an extension of my actions: By pursuing my passions and by giving value to others, money should naturally flow in to me. Working for the purpose of earning money will only contribute to the meaningless of everyday life.
- I donít need an organization. If I do things right, then it will happen by itself. The path that I choose is full of risk, but has great rewards in the end. Once I lay down a path through the wilderness, people will naturally want to follow. People need to cling onto some from of structure and will organize themselves around my concept.
- I want to Become a Person whom my Grandchildren Will Be Proud of: If I am to become great, then there will be a great burden placed on my children. They will be cursed to live in my shadow and the path that I choose is only right for a select few. I want my grandchildren to be in a position where they do not have to carry my burden, yet are still able to appreciate what I have done.
- I want to Become a Concept: When I die, I will cease to be a real person to others, but will become a memory. Once I leave this physical form, I will only be left in the minds of those whom I impacted. I want my memory to stand for something that drives others to action.
|03-05-2007, 03:01 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Hi Amit and darksociologist
Take this for what its worth...and btw, you did a great job and have some REALLY powerful stuff there!
But in the above Statements I would change just a couple of things:
1. Change everything you dont want into the opposite of what you do want. The mind sees in pictures and therefore when you say something like "I dont work for money"...it can only visualize you working for money. Instead state what you do work for.
2. I would take statement #1 and get the idea of dying early out of there (you dont want to manifest that do you???) Just flip it into "I live my life fully and with purpose. I pursue the things that truly matter and make a difference. I live in the moment with full purpose and intent.
3. Make your statement in the present tense. Words really matter and beginning your statements with "I want to...." is living in the future. The words "I AM" are 2 of the most powerful words in the human language. I think it would add to your power if you began with those words (as IF they were already accomplished).
Anyways.....I was just coaching several clients LifeVisions and for a break I came to this discussion board...and since I was in the mode....well
|03-05-2007, 03:33 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: WA State
|03-07-2007, 05:05 PM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Thnx DarkSocialogist, annie and Antiventurecapital.
DarkSocialogist: As Annie said, you do have some pwerful stuff here. Thnx for sharing this with me.
Annie: I have a question.
"Make your statement in the present tense. Words really matter and beginning your statements with "I want to...." is living in the future. The words "I AM" are 2 of the most powerful words in the human language. I think it would add to your power if you began with those words (as IF they were already accomplished)."
Say... I want to work for XYZ comany which is the top company in the world in its field. I want to be working at XYZ in 3 years. Then I make an action plan on how to do that....and for that I'll have to be in ABC company by the end of this month.... then at DEF company by the end of this year...so on and so forth.
So how should I word my affirmations?
Should I say: "This is 2010- I am working at XYZ!"
Or should I simply concentrate on the next step- then once I have it, re-word my affirmation to what the next step will be. For eg. according to the plan I've set I need to get in ABC by the end of this month. The next step would be to get in DEF by december.
So should I be saying: "March end- I'm in ABC!"
Then once I do get in ABC, rewrite my affirmation for the next step: "December- and I'm at DEF!"
By the way, my list includes 3 things:
1.My message/ my song (Check out Steve's "The Message v/s the Medium"
2.The lifestyle I'm aiming for.
3.Concrete goals- the mediums I've chosen to express myself, specific deadlines. Long term goals, short term goals, action plan etc..
|03-07-2007, 05:57 PM||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Now since I'm not sure, you can correct me if I'm wrong...but I'm going to work on that assumption.
When I write and record my LifeVision I go about 2-3 years out into the future. I state intermediate goals as well as longer range. Frequently, I just update everything as I move in that direction.
PM me a sample of what you're thinking (or write it here). As a LOA Coach and a LifeVision coach, that's what I do all day....critique people's "vision".
If I had a few more minutes, I'd make up one off the top of my head...but I have to run now.
Give it a shot!
|03-11-2007, 08:56 AM||#8 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Annie mailed me something kindaa similar which might be of interest to people following this thread:
Ya know...you REALLY can do it either way. If it were me. I'd say something like the following (but remember that I LISTEN to mine everyday (on a CD) rather than read it or something else)
" By March 31, 2007 I work at ABC. As a technician there my responsiblities include........I am learning so much there (include what you want to learn there) I am progressing as a design techian and because of this by April 2008 I am a senior animator at DEF. (a blurb about what you want to accomplish there)
On or before Jan 1, 2012 I am a............with XYZ, my dream job. I would put an ENTIRE paragraph....multiple sentences about your visualization of this job and your motive for wanting to work there and the benefits and how it benefits your life.
Even as you work towards this goal, you will still update it as new information comes to you or as you begin visualizing it more clearly....such as a closer date or a contact person you met etc.
Seriously, there are no absolutes in the IM business. I have done it both ways and achieved results
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Questions for darkworkers||ahimel||Steve Pavlina||42||09-17-2007 03:11 PM|
|List of Questions!||hotwired||Spirituality, Consciousness, & Awareness||4||02-10-2007 09:21 PM|
|Questions that are sticking||hotwired||Intention-Manifestation||4||12-19-2006 04:52 PM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:28 PM.