|03-03-2007, 12:42 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
IM Book Recommendations
A forum regular sent me a PM, wanting to know what books I would recommend on IM. I thought I would share my recommendations here:
1. If you already have a strong belief that LOA works and you want relatively quick, easy ways to apply it, try "Ask and it is Given" by Esther and Jerry Hicks. Pay attention to the 22 processes given in the 2nd half of the book, for applying LOA.
2. If you already have a strong belief that LOA works and you are prepared to invest a lot of time and effort and discipline in getting the most out of it, try "Silva Mind Control Method" by Jose Silva.
3. If you already have a strong belief that LOA works, but you are concerned about how it makes you greedy, materialistic etc and you would like to consider how LOA fits into a broader, spiritual / "meaning of existence" framework, try Deepak Chopra's "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success". It has no reference to LOA, but you'll see that he writes about "Law of Pure Potentiality", "Law of Intention and Desire" and "The Law of Detachment" - they kinda add up to LOA.
4. If you are a semi-believer but with parts of your brain still saying "This isn't possible .... It's not logical ... LOA doesn't make sense", then try "Goals!" by Brian Tracy. 75% of the book is devoted to the question of how to achieve your goals, in a "rational, logical" way. The other 25% is LOA, although he does not use the word.
|02-10-2008, 08:27 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2006
So today I became aware of Brian Tracy, the book Goals.
How much of this is "massive action" and how much of it is "inspired action"? This may be the next step for me.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Book Recommendations||helgi||Business & Financial||109||10-30-2009 06:17 AM|
|Universal/timeless Book recommendations?||Baldini||Personal Effectiveness||4||03-08-2007 01:36 PM|
|Universal/timeless Book recommendations?||Baldini||Personal Effectiveness||6||02-28-2007 06:29 PM|
|Book Review: "How To Get Control Of Your Time And Your Life" by Alan Lakein||Cron||Personal Effectiveness||6||12-22-2006 02:59 PM|
|Book Recommendations||Colm OReilly||Intention-Manifestation||13||11-07-2006 05:19 PM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:36 AM.