|05-11-2009, 10:49 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2007
How to Create the Abundance Mindset
Give away what you got.
Itís not that complicated, really.
But letís think for a minute; what do a great number of people do instead?
When someone has a great idea, they hoard that idea. They donít give it away. They shelter and protect it. They keep it to themselves in fear that someone else might take it. They think, ďI better save that idea for later.Ē They donít share their ideas or give them away - they keep them.
Well, letís think - why would you do that?
The problem isnít that your ideas arenít any good. Itís not even because your ideas arenít worthy or that you arenít worthy - because you are. The problem is your thinking. You think that if you give one idea away that you wonít come up with more great ideas. And that fear has got you living in the lake of lack.
Yup, you heard me right. Instead, start by giving what you got.
Letís look at Bloggers
Why do a lot of bloggers fail to be successful online? Bloggers donít fail because theyíre terrible writers (although there are some). And they donít fail because they donít have something valuable to say; they all do - they fail because they stop writing; they stopped giving and providing valuable ideas to others.
To create the abundance mindset, be willing to give.
Itís no different than with money.
Are you Mr El-Cheap-O?
Maybe youíre one of those people who holds onto every penny youíve got - save money for a rainy day sort of thinking. I know because I used to be that person. Maybe youíre really frugal with your money or what I like to call Mr El-Cheap-O.
Thereís nothing wrong with being frugal. What Iím talking about is something completely different. Iím talking about the hoarders, the real savers - the people who are scared to spend their money.
Just remember that holding onto your money doesnít bring more of it to you. It does just the opposite. Holding onto or hoarding your money (in fear) is evidence enough that you donít think there is enough. And when you donít think you have enough, youíre projecting the scarcity mindset or what my friend Julia calls the ďscare-cityĒ mindset. This mindset is based in fear.
Are you short on time?
Some people are always running out of time - like it was cash or some commodity. Theyíre always in a panic to get stuff done. Theyíre time vampires. They literally devour their time and suck the life out of themselves - until there is no time left.
These time vampires live in the lake of lack. The donít give away their time because they donít think there is ďenough timeĒ to give. And when you donít think there is enough, youíre coming from scarcity or lack.
So, how do you break the pattern?
Youíve got to be willing to give from where you are.
Give what you got because giving signals ďmore-than-enoughness.Ē It signals abundance. When youíre in a state of giving, and giving willingly youíre telling others (and yourself) that there is plenty. That there is more than enough for everyone.
Here are 6 ways to give and create the abundance mindset:
1. Are you short on time? If thatís the case, give away some of your time. Take time to give to others. You donít have to dedicate 90% of your day to serving others - thatís not what Iím saying. Just find that balance between giving and receiving. Find an organization or a person that you really love and volunteer some of your time. Give your time away.
2. Donít feel loved? Youíve got to give some before you get some. Give away some hugs. Go out right now and give 5 people you know a big hug. I guarantee right after you do this, youíll feel great. Youíll feel like a million bucks! Why? Because you feel loved. And you can only feel loved when you give that love to others. Go out right now and hug 5 people!
3. Short on Cash? Give some away. Yes, you heard me right. Iím not saying you should sell the farm, far from it. But you may consider giving money to a charity, giving money to a friend who needs it, or even giving money to a panhandler in the street. Givers gain.
4. Are you stuck? Do you want to get unstuck? Help others first. Think of someone you know that is having a similar problem. And think of a way that you could help them based on what you know. Iím telling you this works! When you help others wholeheartedly, help will always come back to you.
5. Lacking self-belief? Yup, you know it. Youíve got to give it away! If you lack self-belief, then give away that belief to others. What do I mean? Find someone you know who is lacking in self-confidence or in self-belief and give them a boost. Spend some time with this person and feed their mind. Tell them how much you believe in them. Tell them how successful you see them becoming; how you always knew they could make it. Tell them how proud you are of them. Fill their mind with positive ideas. Instill belief in others and belief will come flowing abundantly to you.
6. Short on ideas? This is my favorite. If youíre short on creative ideas, give them away! Give others creative ways to increase business, find a new stimulating career or improve their health. Give ideas away and ideas will flood right back to you.
With all of these tips, you have to start with where you are. You canít give what you donít have. Be willing to give what you got from where you are and I promise you - abundance will flow into your life. You will be actively creating the abundance mindset.
|05-11-2009, 11:19 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2009
while reading it i was having the thought that it's kinda familiar to me, just couldn't remember where from. then i checked zen habits and found it there as your guest post so... the ideas sticked to me, just forgot where i read it.
thanks for sharing.
|05-16-2009, 10:21 PM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Great post as always, I also share all my ideas, it's the only way, we're all a long time dead.
Praised your site on stumbleupon, I even called you a genius. Hey that came off the top of my head so it must be genuine.
Keep on keepin' on
|05-17-2009, 03:42 AM||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2008
I LOVE this. This is a post that can make a significant difference in my life. It reminds me of the concepts conveyed in The Prayer Attributed to St. Francis. I have found that particular prayer to alter my actions significantly for the better.
The idea of giving ideas is just fabulous. I have other things that are of the "thought" variety that I can give away and can't wait to get started. I believe this will really open my life up to synchs and manifestations. Thank you.
|05-17-2009, 04:53 AM||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2007
I would like to thank you for reminding me of some some very basic things that really produce results. I get caught up in new techniques and often forget the basic things I learned early on, that "the best way to insure that you receive is to give." Some things are so consistent that we can call them laws or axioms and when you leave them out you invite failure, thanks for the reminder.
|05-17-2009, 10:35 PM||#8 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2008
An NPR report on the changing aspects of art/film critics because of the shift in print media and the internet included a critic stating, "The more I give away the more I am able to get." The critic was referring to giving away criticsm or their writing for free on websites and in return a number of fans would purchase subscription services for pay.
I heard it and thought, "Bingo, Smartile's point."
|05-18-2009, 03:09 AM||#9 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gainesville, Florida
I appreciate your post smartile and have personal experience that verifies your statements. There is unlimited abundance, so much so, that no one has to experience scarcity.
A lack of abundance does not produce scarcity, a consciousness of scarcity produces the experience of scarcity.
|05-19-2009, 12:31 AM||#10 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2007
You are welcome WordKeeper.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|boyfriend & abundance mindset||danas||Social & Relationships||22||08-09-2007 04:24 PM|
|The Abundance Mindset (Blog)||Savage||Steve Pavlina||94||08-05-2007 02:45 AM|
|Does budgeting your money inhibit your Abundance Mindset?||n_vizion||Business & Financial||4||07-30-2007 04:51 AM|
|The Abundance Mindset||ejamesw||Steve Pavlina||2||04-04-2007 05:07 AM|
|Having the "I HAVE ABUNDANCE" mindset..||The Protagonist||Intention-Manifestation||5||01-05-2007 04:54 AM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:51 AM.