|12-18-2006, 10:02 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Questions that are sticking
I have a few questions that I seem to be "hanging onto". Most are "reconciling" type questions (how do I reconcile this new thing with this old thing I already know sort of thing ....) - So here goes!!
Here are some questions that I intend to have answered
1. If by the laws of attraction / intention, we can only affect "our space" or "our experience", where does the power from "prayer for others" come in? Wouldn't our prayers fall on deaf ears? Can you explain that in more detail with an example or two?
2. Can we actually get to the place where we control our "beliefs" so strongly that we can "fly" or "teleport" or all the other crazy wonderful things that we gave up when we were little girls and boys.
3. Generosity vs. Common Sense: This question is about money, the law and energy of "giving" and "receiving".
I have an "alarm bell" that goes off if my spending habits change. I often experience shoppers remorse so to speak. Now I have always respected this because it warns me when there's a "change" in my spending habits. (Am I spending too much, did I really need that, etc. etc.) - However, having been indoctrinated into a newer "abundant" way of thinking, I ask if this "alarm bell" context is in direct conflict with abundant type beliefs like "Hey, there's more where that came from!". So the real question is, how do I "reconcile". How do I let go and just give and not worry and yet make sure I don't spend so much that I put myself and family in a tight place? Can you explain that in more detail with an example or two?
4. similar to 3d question. I find myself paying more than my share simply because I know I'm better off financially. (yes, I know this as fact, not just assuming) - I feel generous when I'm doing this, and I don't make a big deal out of it, but by "not asking" for gas money, or allowing someone to pay for lunch, am I "blocking" the law of giving and receiving?? Can you explain that in more detail with an example or two?
5. This is one that has, in the past, stumped me often. On one hand, based on the law of attraction, you don't want to spend time thinking about "that which you don't want". However, I've done lots' of soul searching and discovered some things about my character and personality that I wish to "fix" or "transcend". So far simply "intending to be free" of these is all I've come up with. I've also heard simply looking at it, admitting it, and then "letting it go" works. Can you explain that in more detail with an example or two?
|12-18-2006, 05:35 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: BC, Canada
Don't do that. If you have $5000 for example, and don't want/need anything, don't buy it. If you want/need something, and it costs less than $5000, then buy it. If it costs more, manifest it. Don't even bother trying to manifest the extra money for it, just manifest IT directly. For example if you want a TV that costs $6999 and you only have $5000, don't go into debt for the remaining $1999, but instead just focus on manifesting that TV. The universe will then either 1) Give you the other $1999 needed or 2) Lower the price of the TV co-incidentally to $5000. Just be careful when you ask for the TV to ask for a NEW TV like that if that's what you want, otherwise the universe might send you a used one for $5000 or a demo model or something. Be specific.
I have given money and resources to people on a lot of occasions and in the total spirit that we are equals, and I just happen to have $ at the moment so I paid for something. No second thought even entered my mind. I didn't think any less of the person or anything like that. In fact, I saw it as a priviledge to do this. However, there have been times when I didn't "give" when there was an opportunity to "give" simply because my intention wasn't aligned properly and there would have been negative energy associated with the money.
Use your current labels as a starting point to tell you what you DO want. Don't try to do "I don't want to be fat" as a manifestation, as the universe doesn't think in negatives like that. After all, how do you manifest "I don't want to be fat"? Could the universe then say "Ok, your wish is my command, you're not fat anymore, you're now a dying cancer patient that has lost 100lbs of weight in 2 months." or something like that. As a precaution, I also don't ask "I want to lose 20lbs" because to me I'm afraid I might lose a leg or something. I always try to qualify exactly what I want as in "I am now getting healthier and healthier and my body weight is rapidly moving towards it's ideal weight of ___lbs." or something of that nature.
Last edited by Bruce Achterberg; 12-26-2006 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Fixed your vB quote tag so it displays correctly (you spelled it as "qoute" instead of "quote"). =)
|12-19-2006, 10:20 AM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Clarification almost done!
Thanks Impaul99 - I thank you for taking so much time and thought to answer my questions. Let me go back now and narrow down a couple of my questions.
1. As far as the "my space" question, I was referring to a situation where say, I was "worrying" about my child, loving her so much that I worried about losing her or something negative happening to her. My understanding is that I cannot "attract" anything into "her" experience. Now of course, I can say or act out things, that, if she "takes on", may lead HER to say, think or do things that attract the experience of "something negative happening" into her space, correct?? NOW, that being said, how does "prayer for others" fit in. In other words, let's say I have an "intention" to be perfectly healthy. That's fine, though I might reword it to mean more to me, or be more believable by me, BUT let's say someone I love has some horrible disease. My understanding is that I cannot "intend" for them to be perfectly healthy. BUT it feels right to say a prayer like "Please God, allow them to be ok, healthy, etc. etc." - Can you comment on this?
I believe I "get" all the others. thinking about "what I don't want" in my life is the one I get confused with sometimes because I'm very clear I cannot IGNORE or AFFIRM those things away, and your input there was very clear to me, as it was with everything else. I think with the money issues, budgeting would help as well. I really don't have the "burning hole in pocket" mentality which is a good start, I just have in the past experienced doubt ... and your thoughts there give me some solide ground to start from . Thanks m'man!!
|12-19-2006, 04:52 PM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: BC, Canada
1) Your child taking on your worries and fears and then manifesting using them. For example, if you did something rediculous like ask your child every single day after school "Hey, did you get beatup by bullies today? Because you're not a tough kid, and besides I taught you better than to fight, and there are a lot of bullies out there, so tell me if you get beatup, did you get beatup?"
You might, or might not manifest bullies into their life, but if you're programming them with that kind of thinking it will be THEM that manifest bullies into their life. For example on the way to school they will start thinking "Bullies, my mom/dad keep talking about bullies, I wonder what will happen if I get attack by bullies. I'm not a strong kid they say, so I'll probably get beat up..." etc.
This is just one example, but you can imagine what I'm talking about. I can also give you a real world example. When I was in Jr. High School I knew a kid who ALWAYS got beatup by bullies. The amazing thing was that he fricken attracted it like crazy! He was like totally looking for it almost, like he was supposed to get beatup. I'm not saying that because I'm saying he deserved it, I'm saying it because I felt sorry for the guy so I actually started hanging out with him at lunch and after school and it's like all of a sudden walking home from school the same way I have been walking for months is no longer safe when this kid is around. It's like he's a bully magnet and they seem to sprout out of nowhere to pick on him, call him names, push him around, etc.
See, for me, I was kind of lucky, because as a little kid I had an older brother 4 years older than me who always used to fight with me, since he was bigger. Because of this I wasn't afraid of fighting people my size or up to 4 years bigger. Because of this, I didn't eminate fear of physical harm so I didn't attract it. I did get into some fights when I was really young, but I always ended up fighting back enough to hurt the bullies so they leave me alone and went picking on another kid who's weaker. In the later years, people just didn't pick fights with me because they saw in my eyes that I wasn't afraid to fight (at least that's what I think). In either case, althought I was teased verbally like any other kid in school, I never got beatup like many kids you hear about.
One thing I know about the few kids in school that got beatup is that they were TOTALLY babied by their parents. Like, one day I asked one guy if he could make me a copy of a tape for me because he had a double-cassette player, and the tape was SNAP (Power, Rhythm is a Dancer, remember them?). Anyways, he said he couldn't do it because his mom would never allow him to listen to "Gangster Rap" like that. I was shocked. "Gangster Rap"??? SNAP?! This was when the kid was like 16 years old. SNAP is about as "gangster rap" as Milli Vanilli. Anyways, parent's have their rules, and I respect that, but if you're sending your 16 year old kid to school with a HE-MAN lunch box while you sit at home biting your nails that he might "Join a Gang", chances are he'll probably get beat up.
So, to summarize... be conscious about the worry you project to your kids. I think they need to be made aware of the dangers of the world, but not obsessed with them. The more they think about them out of a state of fear, the more they will manifest them. Your kids take on a lot of your beliefs and your fears as well, so be careful there.
2) Don't forget about yourself as well. For example, if you're worried about your child getting killed by a car hitting them for example so you absolutely obsess about them crossing the street every day, not only are you putting that fear into them, but also don't forget that you are also visualizing something for yourself. Like for example if you're saying these kinds of things to yourself:
"I don't know what I would do if something would happen to you!"
"I would just die if you got hit by a car!"
"Are you wearing clean underwear? Because if you get hit by a car and go to the hospital, I would be so embarrased if you didn't change your underwear."
(ok that last one was just for fun.)
But do you see what I mean? In these cases you're actually manifesting your own state. It's like visualizing yourself in great pain and agony because one of your children got hurt somehow. What do you think will happen if you obsess and visualize that every day? You'll probably create it, one way or another.
How to avoid this?
I don't fully know. As I said, I am not a parent yet, so take my advice with a grain of salt or two, but one thing I have done because I have actually had the fear of lets say someone breaking into my house when I've got children and attacking us for example. It's a rather irrational fear as that kind of thing never happens where I live, but it was still something I thought about on a few occasions and I didn't want to manifest it. So, what I did is I manifested an opportunity to learn a martial arts style that teaches realistic self-defence (non-sport based like Karate or Tae Kwon Do for example). As I train in my martial art, my fears of someone attacking my family have significantly diminished. It doesn't mean I'm not prepared, I'm just not scared of it as much anymore and thus I know I'll have a much lower chance of manifesting it.
What does this mean? It means that it might be a good idea to take inventory of your fears and work on overcoming them, as otherwise, I think our fears become our children's fears. Blessing them with our DNA is one thing, but why curse them with our fears?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Some basic questions about having your own site||Erock||Technology & Technical Skills||19||12-24-2006 05:58 AM|
|Relationship Visualisation Questions||TheFlyingMan||Intention-Manifestation||7||12-08-2006 02:14 AM|
|LoA Questions||Ibanez||Intention-Manifestation||22||11-21-2006 02:02 PM|
|Empathy and Asking the Right Questions||Jehosephat||Social & Relationships||21||11-13-2006 02:52 AM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:18 AM.