|01-05-2008, 04:58 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2007
My Updated List. My Purpose in life & Personal Wishes
Hi Guys. This is my updated list of my Purpose in life and Personal Wishes, that I keep stored on a single piece of paper, for your comments.
Purpose in Life Version 1.2
1. To enjoy every moment in deep undisturbed inner peace and maintain a healthy mind and body in a life where Life & Death are inescapably the two sides of the same coin.
2. To return part of the wealth (Love, Health, Money) I attain, back to its own source, or back to the broad universe as my own contribution.
3. Any thinking is directed towards planning and updating the “GTD system”, a system which I purposely designed so I can remain thoughtless albeit yet responsive in the conscious reality during the rest of the time and be able to retain my focus on an “Action” oriented lifestyle and not lost into compulsive thinking.
Before I die I would like:
1. To own and live in a building with 3 floors and many rooms.
2. The 1st floor will accommodate a wonderful loving family with at least 1 member, with all the facilities needed for a luxurious & carefree “Being”.
3. The 2nd floor will accommodate my recreational activities.
4. The 3rd floor will be my business headquarters.
5. All 3 floors to have rooms for Guests that will relate to the respective activities carried out in each floor.
6. To attract and maintain an increasing social circle with the coolest, inspirational and intuitional people around!
7. Be able to “die before I die”, to live and play with life, in peace, security and independency regardless of my achievements or any outcome.
I would like to have your opinion on the above mentioned statements.
|01-05-2008, 05:46 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Hi, Alex2007 - those sound like inspiring purpose and aims.
Why not cut out the story you've built up around your purpose, and distill it to its essence:
My purpose is to generate and enjoy peace, vitality, and generosity.
...That third one is kind of funny: you are going to direct your thinking towards a system of not thinking? Maybe you could distill this down to what you would have if you were to be living the GTD system: what would that quality or condition be, in one word? Presence, maybe? And add that, possibly at the beginning of your declared purpose.
I suggest distillation because I've found it's much easier to adopt a way of being if it is something I can inspire myself with in one simple sentence, and to incorporate that sentence into a structure in my environment -- like my screensaver, or a note on my mirror, or a signature line. Something that springs easily and quickly to my lips. Your goals, methods, and specific measurable results might be listed elsewhere, like your GTD Action Binder, for you to review every day.
Your aim home sounds wonderful -- filled with luxury, ease, inspiration, and fun that you yourself generate! Best wishes with that, and I hope you will invite me for a visit!
|01-05-2008, 09:42 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Hi Angela and thanks for your meaningfull & intuitional reply. I agree that it would be better to cut out the story somehow, in smaller sentences that create the whole picture of it.
Sometimes we forget that we need to stop thinking and get into action. Sometimes we need not to do what we love but love what we do. It requires Presence, Stillness, and a thoughtless state, in order to be productive like the bees collecting nectar, and love what we do at the same time.
You are right anyway. I need to simplify that point a bit!
Thanks for your feedback Angela !
|01-05-2008, 10:58 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
What about your near-term goals? Have you distinguished those, too? What is your most inspired action for the next month?
|01-06-2008, 08:18 AM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Hi Angela. Thanks for directing my thought to constructive issues, like Near Term Goals. I will explain you pleasantly how I deal with them.
I call Near Term goals, "Cycles of Joy" and they are part of my personal GTD system. Actually I use 2 separated GTD systems. One for my monthly paid Job which is kept in the office and the other for my own personal growth.
"Cycles of Joy" is a part of my personal GTD system and it is a substitute notion to the "Project Plans" or "Near-Term Goals". The Cycles of Joy substitute the previously named “Project Plans” or “Future-Set-Me-Free-Plans” and they have major differences in their concept. Unlike Future Plans that drag the focus of the mind to the future and look like cold desperate chores that aim to manipulate the present reality, the Cycles of Joy are small enjoyable patterns that are focused on direct gratification from the conscious awareness at the present moment, so they can joyfully repeated regardless of the final outcome. They are activities that are repeated and grow as they repeat and bring joy and enlightenment to the present moment in their own right and help focus on the activity itself.
My Last "Cycles of Joy" (Or "Near-Term Plans") are
1. to Volunteer or contribute to the work of a Green Party or other Fiendly to nature and animals organisations.
2. To Deepen the connections with my local or global market with starting to buy and sell items and to build & maintain a simple website. (This comes with a list of strategies that can make the "cycle" functional).
PS. You are welcome to visit me before you get too old.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|HELP!!! My Life Sucks & Im Very Indecisive.||Kaprese408||General & Introductions||10||04-11-2009 12:05 AM|
|Your Purpose||BladeRunner||Intention-Manifestation||2||12-21-2007 03:00 PM|
|Life Purpose - Emotional Intelligence||robertanthony||Character & Contribution||6||10-26-2007 12:41 PM|
|Personal Development List Going Around||Alex||Personal Effectiveness||10||09-18-2007 12:14 PM|
|The *Why* behind your life purpose||Adam||Character & Contribution||9||12-11-2006 09:25 AM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:52 PM.