|04-03-2009, 04:55 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Here going to share something about Yoga...
Yoga is one of the schools of philosophy, focusing on meditation.
In India, Yoga is seen as a means to both physiological and spiritual mastery...
There are several types of meditation. Amongst these types are:
* Jnana Yoga....
* Raja Yoga as outlined by Patanjali, which describes eight "limbs" of
spiritual practices, half of which might be classified as meditation.
Underlying them is the assumption that a yogi
should still the fluctuations of his or her mind: Yoga cittavrrti nirodha....
* Surat shabd yoga, or "sound and light meditation"...
* Japa Yoga, in which a mantra is repeated aloud or silently...
* Bhakti Yoga, the yoga of love and devotion, in which the seeker is
focused on an object of devotion, eg Krishna...
* Hatha Yoga, in which postures and meditations are aimed at raising the
spiritual energy, known as Kundalini, which rises through energy centres
known as chakras...
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Yoga 30 Day Challenge||Chrysalis||Health & Fitness||13||11-03-2009 07:36 AM|
|About Yoga ....||meditation||Personal Effectiveness||0||04-01-2009 05:08 AM|
|Great Meditation Blog: Meditation-For-Beginners.com||wayne||Spirituality, Consciousness, & Awareness||0||06-18-2008 12:21 AM|
|Who said yoga isn't just for girls!?||Spartan||Health & Fitness||16||04-18-2008 01:33 AM|
|Any Yoga Instructors Out There?||sheffy4||Health & Fitness||9||02-24-2008 11:10 PM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:37 PM.