|12-25-2007, 12:12 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Rafael, CA
A Conversation with "King Corn" Filmmaker (video)
FOOD NEWS: A Conversation with "King Corn" Filmmaker
This is a follow-up to an earlier post I made about soaring food prices. These guys bought one acre of land and made a documentary about growing corn on it. Pretty interesting stuff.
Apparently there is a lot of red tape in the farming industry nowadays.
They actually specifically mention CSAs and farmers markets as viable workarounds but they basically say that its not good enough to just buy 5%-10% of your food from there, the other 90% still supports a very ineffective distribution system and lower quality products.
Part two of the video has a really interesting 30-day trial as well.
- "Poorest quality crap the world's ever seen, we're growing it today."
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:03 AM.