|11-29-2011, 02:50 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2011
Lately I've been falling behind in schoolwork. School has been a cakewalk up until about this sophomore year. For some reason, I'm comprehending things less easily, and I tend to space out and avoid work. It bothers me. Especially considering I've been told I was brilliant my whole life (gifted program, etc.)
There's also the feeling I'm not completely honest with myself.
Some things I've considered to have caused this:
1. I was diagnosed with ADHD at 6, This might explain the spacing out, and disinterest. Not that I don't love being ADHD most of the time
2. I also feel being a teen might be working against me.
3. Lately I've gained a lot of personal freedom in terms of video games, and they have been a crutch before.
4. One of my classes, Latin II, is causing me much stress because the teacher who taught me Latin I really didn't teach well. He moved and now I'm taking the course online. I barely know the basics from year 1, so year 2 is completely foreign.
5. I'm not getting enough rest.
My birthday is tomorrow and I figure that it's about time I start reorganizing my life and get back in control mentally. Any suggestions/questions/personal experience?
P.S. It seems worth mentioning that a good friend of mine is going through the same thing, albeit with a more apathetic attitude. We're pretty much the same in terms of just about everything besides upbringing. SO I figure I'm not the only person who's gone through this.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|struggling with doubt||starsofnorth||Intention-Manifestation||5||10-23-2010 02:34 AM|
|Struggling at Uni||Matt1984||Personal Effectiveness||13||09-18-2010 06:14 AM|
|I am struggling with this problem?||Perry M||Health & Fitness||9||02-21-2010 10:03 PM|
|Still struggling sometimes after end of LTR||lisalisa||Social & Relationships||7||06-10-2009 01:27 AM|
|To those who are struggling...||YouseffTheSheep||Personal Effectiveness||7||04-27-2007 05:25 AM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33 AM.