|01-28-2010, 11:15 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Langley, BC, Canada
CGW aftermath and update
I'm still processing from the workshop and I expect I will continue to do so for a while. I wrote about my CGW experience in detail on my blog: Reflections from Steve Pavlina's Conscious Growth Workshop. What follows are some quick highlights.
3 areas came up for me as needing the most attention:
1. Health and Physical body: I've been putting on weight, not exercising, watching my diet go to hell and drinking enough to keep the local tequila factory in business.
2. Daily habits and routines: I have none. I'm in transition right now, living on a sailboat in Mexico. I have big plans for when I get back to Canada - and the intention to do some ground work (writing, setting up a web site) while I'm here. What I've been doing is...well, not much. I poke around online, start things I don't finish and then I have a drink (or 6).
3. Power...and giving it away: it's all the boat's fault. All my problems are caused by being in Mexico. (This may sound familiar to those of you who worked with me as partners.)
Changes since leaving Las Vegas:
1. I stopped drinking. I'm calling it a 90 day trial and today marks 2 weeks. This is a big challenge for me. Besides my being a raging alcoholic, booze is amazingly cheap here (*especially* compared to Canada). I feel like I'm "on holiday" and that's always a good reason to drink. I'm also lonely (another good reason to drink). Or conversely, I'm socializing with other cruisers (not just a good reason to drink, but a social environment that encourages it). And I get really bored sometimes - which is my favourite time to drink.
2. My new habit is to open my journal every morning before I go online or check email. I write every day - whether it's for the journal or for my blog. My new rule is to complete a blog post once it has been started and to post it - even if it's not perfect. No more stopping at 85% finished. (I must have 20 incomplete blog posts laying around that I've since lost interest in.)
3. My perspective has shifted...and what a difference that makes. I am not stuck on the boat or in Mexico. I have choices. I can leave - or I can work with the situation. I've chosen (at least for the time being) to stay.
Overall, I feel more powerful. Calmer and more in control. Not sure that's all due to workshop after effects, no doubt not being pickled half the time is helping as well.
I am very, very glad I attended the workshop. It was well worth the money and time invested. The personal insights and changes were the bonus. The best part was meeting other travelers on this journey. (Hi guys!!!)
Anyone else wondering if Steve is planning to update the photo in the CGW banner ad? I keep seeing it and thinking: "who is that guy?" Oh right, it's Steve version 1.0...
|01-29-2010, 03:27 AM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oblong, Illinois
|01-29-2010, 04:50 AM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York, NY
Keep it up and keep us informed
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Update on my life||CroMagna||Character & Contribution||6||01-05-2010 02:42 AM|
|Going Raw Update - Day 15 (Blog)||Erin Pavlina||Erin Pavlina||68||12-22-2008 06:26 PM|
|Aftermath of emotional abuse||alicat||Social & Relationships||6||01-12-2008 06:53 PM|
|LOA aftermath||cylon||Intention-Manifestation||27||11-30-2007 04:57 PM|
|Global Orgasm Aftermath and S-R||songwriter||Intention-Manifestation||2||12-26-2006 05:08 AM|
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:40 PM.