Originally Posted by Eastonn
Everyone always says, that forex is risky. Is it that risky? If it is, why are we still out here trading in this risky market. What you think about this?
Forex itself is the least "risky" market there is. You are trading cash. It is only the way you trade that can be more or less risky. If you stick to the fundamentals of:
- Positive cost of carry
- Only using leverage to cost average down
- Only selling at a profit
- Keeping a clear understanding of how much volatility your leverage can handle
- Keeping a clear understanding of what the central banks can and cannot do to influence the currency
- Keeping an insurance fund just in case
- Not expecting to make 100% a month
- Realizing this is a long term game and that your equity will never remain stable and should never be taken seriously.
You'll do fine.