Hell yeah, go ahead and do it! I take it you've read about the whole "30 day challenge" thing of Steve Pavlina's? Look around his site if you haven't. Are you curious about what will happen if you don't do it for 30 days? That's the best way to go at it, according to Steve, and in my experience so far with altering my sleep patterns I have to agree. Instead of the usual dogma and **** running through my head it is an exploration.
It's popular these days to consider masturbation and sex healthy and ****, but not too many people seem to be conscious of something called "sexual energy" which is not infinite. This isn't a question of morality but of energy. At any given time you release, sexually, your energy levels will go down, and it takes anywhere from a few hours to a few days to build it back up to whatever level it was at prior to the release.
There are other ways to increase energy besides not having sex and masturbating, but consider that excessive sexual release is like putting a hole at the bottom of a cup. No matter how much you fill it, it'll just keep draining.
Positive benefits I've experienced in early 20's (I am male):
- Increased body temperature, withstand cold much better
- Sleep much less, but fall asleep much faster and sleep very deeply, much greater polarity between sleep and waking
- An extremely elevated level of dreaming
- A drive to get things done, a real desire, not "should" thoughts and worries
- Feelings remeniscent of years ago, as if I was 17 again, or 12, or 10
- The ability to enjoy everything I used to enjoy but got sick of
- All feelings will become deeper, sexual desire doesn't just reside in the dick anymore, it also moves up to the heart
Negative benefits I've experienced (still benefits):
- Deep rooted hidden patterns of negativity begin to surface... if you're ****ED UP, which most of us are... I certainly am and have been, it's going to all come to the surface the more energy you build up, things like depression, sadness, hate, rage, paranoia and other fun stuff will surface... if you're lost and lonely in the world, you'll be that times 10
Basically all the poison that has been with you since early childhood and has solidified and gone below the surface in adulthood and silently been holding you back and boxing you up, is going to become more apparent. If you're not ready to get your head out of your ass and stop being ****ed up, then you'll run back to masturbation. I know I did.
Yes, extremely frequent sexual release is a way of putting ones head in the sand, just like most addictions. This is particularly true of masturbation. Apperently it is quite common for a woman to feel that the man who's screwing her is just "masturbating inside her." We're real masturbators aren't we? So a lot of sex is pretty unhealthy, women being used as masturbation tools and such. Don't know about women's masturbation though