Summerbreeze - I first started making the transition by getting trainings that would allow me to see clients (i.e. acupressure, polarity, hypnotherapy, etc) and would give me a very experiential process to release my own issues. I knew that I would only be able to take a client as deeply as I was willing to go, so I picked trainings that would enable me to work on myself at the same time. While I was taking trainings, getting certifications, etc, I was doing corporate work, until I felt ready to offer my services full time. So for me it was a transition that took years, personally and professionally, but with the internet (websites, social media, ebooks and books on demand), it can be much easier to make a transition these days.
Jeremy - The factors can vary - everyone has their own timing. It's like there is no one technique for becoming enlightened, and yet many things that can bring us to full acceptance of ourselves, complete embracing of the present moment. When we get tired of the struggle then transformation is possible. Until then, we can go back and forth till we're ready. Things that can create struggle and slow down the process:
- Not wanting to change/Holding onto the past
- Any form of self-negation (I'm not good enough, can't have what I want, etc)
- Resisting emotions (Sadness is terrible so I won't ever feel that)
- Incomplete desires
- Any form of denial
- Not being completely present in our bodies (i.e. overiding ourselves, being overly mental)
- Not feeling safe or having healthy boundaries
- Not recognizing our needs
- Not having clear agreements
- Not acknowledging ourselves or others
- Unwillingness to see everything as sacred and everyone as divine
Tad - Thanks for being willing to share yourself! And in regards to your back pain, how are you feeling? Sometimes we can get pain in that area when we feel sad, hurt, not loved, not supported. Also if we feel like we have too much to "shoulder". Getting a massage can help, but feeling loved and supported the way we need really helps. Let us know how it goes.