What aspects of LoA/I-M were you already aware of before
ever reading or hearing about it?
In my case, going back many years, I've always believed and observed the following to be true:
- What you focus on is what you get more of.
- By making the best use of the tools you have (this is one way of showing appreciation for them), you "earn" better quality tools.
- Avoiding something does not work, but pursuing something else does.
- The subconscious (or the universe) can't work with something expressed as a negation, because no person, place, thing, or idea has an unambiguous opposite. For example, "don't worry" breaks down into the words "don't" and "worry", neither of which will help you.
- You will get along with people better if you assume they like you.
Something I'm more aware of now is that you need to be ready
for the good things to happen. For example, if I assume I'm not going to meet someone special, my living space may be in disarray, my car may be dirty, I may be wearing ratty old clothes, and so on -- and then if I do
meet someone I'll sabotage opportunities to avoid embarrassment. This is common sense whether you believe the metaphysical stuff or not. So I think we need to drop the old standby "hope for the best but prepare for the worst" -- we need to prepare for the best!