2011 will be the last year in a five year plan that I set in motion right after my divorce. In the depths of all the tragedy that I was facing at the time, for some reason I mapped out five areas in which I would like to master by the time I was 30 years old. In that list was:
1. Taking care of and moving beyond the divorce (which involved cleaning out the house we were in, separating our stuff, finishing the legality part of things, and sort the emotions I was facing at the time).
2. Fixing my finances and building a new financial plan based on a more solid foundation.
3. Lose weight and find ways in which to be healthier and more vital and have more energy.
4. Make new friends and create a new social life for myself.
5. Find a new career, something that inspires and fulfils me.
Five years later, how did I do? The first four I met and exceeded with flying colors, and the last one I'm still sorting.
Funny enough, it took me a year to focus on and move beyond each of them. And then when I had mastered a certain plan for them, I moved onto the next one and took my focus off the others. That is, the success I found in each one individually, kinda backtracked and lost ground in each as I moved onto a new focus.
The reason I mention all of that is because my number one goal for 2011 is to round out those 5 areas and Integration of all them in a more balanced manner.
So my top goal for 2011 is Finishing up my five year goals, Balance and Integration.