| | What my ED has taught me
My ED has been difficult but it has also taught me some amazing things that I am very grateful for. I can't go back in time and change the past, so instead I'm changing the future, by starting with the present.
I am grateful for:
-The self awareness
- The strength of character
- For educating me on life
- Improved social skills and connections
- True friends
- The discipline of saying no
- The creation of an identity
- Showing me how much I am capable of
- For showing me how to create space/ time out
- For teaching me about madness (Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result).
- For teaching me persistence
- For giving me a creative outlet
- For expanding my mind
- For showing me to be accepting, non judgemental and compassionate.
- For giving me the courage to be different
- For showing me how to survive
- For allowing me to forgive
- To let go of the venom
- For showing me what really matters
- For teaching me to value health, energy and happiness
- For making me grateful for each day and each day I am alive
- For allowing me to meet the most amazing and inspiring people
- For giving me the strength to continue on
- For getting me through the hard times
- For keeping me alive
- For getting me through the tricky times in high school
For teaching me that I can do anything I put my mind too and I am more capable that I can ever fully realise.