Today in group we learnt a powerful exersize for letting go. Part of the homework is too share so here I am.
1. Write out all the positives about the thing you are trying to let go, write out what gaps it filled and how it served you.
2. Write out all the negatives about the thing/person/addiction you are trying to let go of. Write out all the things it has cost you, time, money, relationships etc
3. Write out all the things you are grateful for about the thing you are trying to let go.
4. Share your list with someone, part of it or all of it. Say it out loud even and then rip up the positive and negative lists and throw them in the bin.
5. Share what your are grateful for about for the thing with three people outside of your comfort zone. IE. People you are hesistant to share with but still okay. If your uncomfortable, all the better.
4. Write out a list of all the things you can look forward too and bear with when you let go? What gaps will exist?
Again share with 3 other people.
5. Draw a large picture of a 3D box and put it up on your wall, and write on it
"TO be filled with all things after I let go of ...."
6. Leave the the box to be filled up. Sit with the feelings. Get uncomfortable and just feel those gaps. Experience what they felt like before you let go?
IE. If you can't deal with being alone, sit with being alone for a while. Experience it.
7. If your an feeling upto it here is step 7, involves alot of emotional maturity and is hard, don't do it if your not ready or it will hurt.
Answer: How did the bulimia help fix the shame and lonliness and how well did it fix it?
Next post, my list.