| | Common cold
I have been struck with the common cold since yesterday. I know, I haven't been eating properly the last couple of weeks, exercise is non-existant and sleep was limited. If I was living healthier, my resistance would have been good enough to withstand the lowly attacks of the common cold.
That doesn't really help me right now. I would like to hear your favorite tactics to get rid of it quickly.
What I have done so far:
* take a long hot shower
* take an aspirin to get rid of headache
* told my common cold virus that it is no match for my massive immune system, and that it can expect total annihilation.
* drink a sirop based on thyme and blueberries to get rid of the sore throat
* cut an onion in half, and place it next to your bed to get rid of stuffy nose
* 10 hours of sleep a night.
* drink tea
It did help a lot. My throat isn't sore anymore, my nose is almost cleared. No more headache but still a bit "fuzzy". Bit of coughing.
I expect it to be over within two days. Still, I'd love to hear what you do when you have the common cold.