Hi everyone, I'm Daan! And I love you all! But you should know that by now
Want to hear some immense and unexpected breakthroughs? I'm one of those who experienced a number of them in very different areas in my life. This was undoubtedly the best weekend of my life.
I think it was me who mentioned to Steve that meeting 40 attendees before the workshop itself was worth the price already. Being around so many conscious people at the same time was an unforgettable experience on it's own. But it was nothing compared to what was about to come. Every day just got better and better and by the start of day 3 I was running out of words to describe how incredible I was feeling. I had to start asking other people to teach me new words on how express my feelings verbally. It was truly copacetic
. (Thanks Thea!) In the end, I stopped trying. It was just .....
Some of the amazing shifts I have experienced:
- I have a selective food neophobia, which means that I'm terrified of trying out new foods. For example, I've never eaten a tomato or even cheese. If I did, I would think I'd throw up immediately. So I avoid those experiences. I took me a while to apply truth to this situation, but I finally did half a year ago. Since then I did some new stuff, but very sporadically. However, in the past 4-5 days I've tried over 20 new different foods, including avocado (ok-ish), vegan chicken nuggets (not so ok), soy chicken (even if just by accident - it was really good though), pickled ginger (special taste, but nice), a spring roll (unexpectedly ok), edamame (soy beans, very unexpectedly nice), red, green and yellow peppers (acquired taste?
) and even sushi (ok, need to try it more). I didn't like everything, which is something the people that were around me at those times can confirm (I tend to make some pretty unusual faces when I try new foods, because the flavors are completely new to me) but, the result is not the most important thing, it's the effort matters
. One of the greatest lessons I internalized in the past few days. I would have never, ever tried these foods if I haven't hadn't gone to workshop. But much, much credit also goes to the wonderful and beautiful people I got to hang out with. Thanks to them I went to vegan/raw food restaurants on three separate occasions and for the first time ever in 27 years I went to an Indian, an Italian and a Chinese restaurant. I have been avoiding sush places my whole life. Every time I went in, I was scared, but I did not resist. I allowed myself to go outside my comfort zone and expectations were shattered every time.
- I've been addicted to cannabis for the past seven years. I used to smoke weed practically every single day. Thanks to Steve's blog and book, I managed to complete a 31 day trials of not smoking weed about four or five months ago, which was the longest period in maybe a decade. I also blogged about this period extensively, sharing my experiences with and offering help and tips to people who are in a similar situation. But after the 31 days, I went back and smoked some again. Which I blogged about too. What followed was a couple of months were I would not smoke for two weeks, then I smoked some again, then I quit for a few weeks, etc... I somehow didn't want to give up this (for me) destructive habit completely, even though I intellectually knew this was the best and only conscious choice. But now I am more than ever convinced that I do not want to this anymore. I can say say I'm now 100% sure that I will never smoke weed again.
- Before this workshop, I never used to hug people. I did want to, I just never did. What would people think and stuff. You know, the usual. I did however set the intention of hugging as many people as I could when I was in Vegas. Things started of great at the pre-meeting, where I got to share my first 20-30 hugs with an awesome bunch of new instant friends. The number of hugs increased dramatically, but what's more amazing is that as days went on I was able to hug complete strangers in under a minute, not just once, but multiple times. Unimagineable! I actually think I overdid it, as I'm now experiencing some chest pains.
Must have been the imitation of Jesse's signature style bear bug that I gave to him that did this. That hurt me more than him!
Today I got another (unexpected) bear hug after connecting with an older man at the airport in Washington, while waiting for my transfer back to Belgium. Luckily his wife was a bit more gentle.
- I wrote this reply in the plane, and a few minutes after writing, I connected with the person sitting next to me and gave her a sitting hug too! I'm really going to ease up a little now though, for my health's sake
- I used to almost never talk to strangers, but ever since the exercise where we had to ask silly questions, the floodgates are wide open. I now feel comfortable approaching just about anyone, everywhere, at any moment in time to start up a conversation. I practiced this by consistently talking to people who stepped inside the elevator I was in or when I stepped in theirs. I did this at least 30 or 40 times in a row. I would enter an elevator full of people and say something like "Is this the fun elevator?", which got good results, or "Can I enter this one, because sometimes people don't let me" or by just asking people what they were up to, if they had been gambling, etc... Once I got excited and exclaimed, "This one goes to eleven!!" (my floor), but I guess people hadn't seen Spinal Tap. Me neither, but still.
In 98-99% of the cases this resulted in a very positive experience, not just for me, but also for the people I got to connect with. This was lifechanging.
And my dear friends, I'm just scratching the surface here. I have experienced similar and just as important shifts in just about every area of my life.
If I had known how much I would gain from this workshop, I would have gladly paid double or triple the cost. Or more. There's I chance I wouldn't have done so if I hadn't known how valuable this going to be for me, though. If you will get even just a tenth of the results I got, by watching the dvd, it will be worth the cost.
Just my two cents (which I found on floor after manifesting them)
P.S. I love my new planet. The old one was stupid! (workshop in joke)