Originally Posted by What3ver
ALG, I know what I want.
That's good for you.
Because usually, people do not REALLY know what they want, at a deeper level. Desires are quite complicated creatures. For example:
1. A person may think she wants perfect eyesight, but the deeper reason she wants good eyesight may be that she just doesn't want to wear glasses.
2. And the deeper reason why she just doesn't want to wear glasses may be that she thinks her friends would think she looks geeky.
3. And the deeper reason why she is concerned about her friends thinking that she looks geeky may be that she desires to be accepted by her friends.
4. And the deeper reason why she may desire to be accepted by her friends may be that she's lonely.
5. And the deeper reason why she may be lonely is that she doesn't really like herself, and needs a distraction from herself, and therefore cannot bear to be alone.
And we could go deeper and deeper and deeper, but for practical purposes, we need to draw a line somewhere and just form the specific intention that we wish to manifest.
But the deeper the level at which you draw the line, the more the intention will truly address the issue.
Thus in the above example, if the person successfully addresses the issue at Level 5 (by whatever means), the issues from Level 5 to Level 1 are all addressed.
For example, she grows to like herself very much, therefore she doesn't mind being alone, therefore she doesn't feel lonely, therefore she doesn't feel desperately in need of being accepted by her friends, therefore she doesn't particularly care if they think she's geeky or pretty or whatever; therefore she wouldn't mind wearing glasses, therefore perfect unaided vision no longer matters for her.
In contrast, if she addresses the issue only at Level 1, she then no longer needs to wear glasses, but she will continue to live in fear of her friends thinking that she is geeky eg because of her shoes, or hair, or blouse, or mannerisms, or hobbies, or whatever. And after she fixes her vision, she'll need to fix her shoes, her hair, her blouse, her mannerisms, her behaviour etc etc etc etc.