Originally Posted by Kanzeon
I have a better place to start. I was trying to help a friend persuade his 83 year old mother to entere an assisted living facility. For some reason I don't fully understand, her house was foreclosed on, and she is living in a weekly hotel.
But we couldn't persuade her. You see, she read some books, and wants to manifest her house back. Never mind that with her eyesight and frailty, she can't live in the house again. She is devoting herself, 24-7 to manifesting the house back.
....... But that fiction, at some point, will wear thin, and LOA will offering you nothing but guilt and condemnation. It is no philosophy for old ladies, and leave them terribly ill prepared to face reality.
I do not know the old lady's reality, and can only see the reality that you have constructed in your mind with your own thoughts, concerning her. Without judgement, I will simply point out those thoughts of yours:
1. You know better than the old lady herself, what's good for her.
2. Your friend knows better than the old lady herself, what's good for her.
3. There is no possibility that the lady will get her house back.
4. The old lady is too frail to live in the house.
5. The old lady should live in the assisted living facility.
6. There are no better options than this assisted living facility.
7. The old lady should not hope to live in her own house.
8. The old lady will suffer guilt and condemnation.
9. The old lady is unable to face reality.
All these assumptions may be true, or they may not. I do not know.