How am I doing so far this year? Generally? Pretty good. Thanks for asking.
My major focus this year is to figure out what I will do with my crafts. I've been creative my whole life and since a couple of years I've been sewing a lot, especially plushies. I'm trying to figure out if I want to start a business with those crafts and if so how I should do that. Probably with a sewing machine that actually works. Mine decided to die last week. *sigh*
On the other hand, I've "discovered" self development about a month ago and I have a long way ahead of me in that area as well.
The things I've been proud of this year so far:
- Eating healthier with more fruits and vegetables. I'm really enjoying my smoothies.
- My relationship with my boyfriend is going very well, even after he spend three months abroad. I've learned to let him have his freedom while I enjoy mine.
- Accepting compliments. I'm still not very comfortable when it comes down to accepting them, but it's getting better and better.
- Growth. I've been growing in several areas like in the "know yourself" area as well in the "skills you have to use at work" area.
- Reading! I've been reading quite some books so far and I'm actually proud of it. I've neglected my books last year, but this year, I've been reading again.
- Actually considering starting a business and having a pretty good feeling about it.
Things that haven't been that great so far:
- I've been neglecting my arts and crafts a bit because I started thinking that starting a business might not be something for me. Now that I wanted to pick them up again, my sewing machine died.
- Confidence. I'm trying the best I can, but there have been situations and periods in which I should have had more confidence in myself and my abilities and skills.
- Not trusting my boyfriend while he was away. The first two months he was gone, I have been the worst jealous girlfriend imaginable.
- Not keeping up with an exercise routine. Last year I was swimming a lot. This year I haven't gone for a swim yet. I picked up Pilates and I've been trying to do that for about three times a week, but lately it's gone to about once every week.
- Getting fed up too much with small things that my roommates tend to do (leave the dishes when they leave for the weekend so I have to start my weekend by doing them, taking showers at midnight - I'm sleeping next to the shower,...). At a certain point it really stressed me out a lot. I shouldn't bother so much.