Originally Posted by Greg Todd
And if anyone has any advice, suggestions, criticisms, etc. for me as I work on losing 100 pounds, I'd greatly appreciate it.
1. Have a written, posted plan.
2. Have a daily check-in with your compliance with that plan.
3. Check your results weekly
4. You will lose fat at different rates, don't let the slow times demotivate you into quitting.
5. Get a fat loss partner, someone to do it with. Join a support group, make your own, or find an on line thing ( Google Groups: alt.support.diet
Look for regular sources of inspiration. The Weight Watchers site has tons of success stories Prevention.com also has success stories. I've always found reading those things to give me a shot in the arm.
There was also a blog "fat man walking" about a guy who did something similar to you, you might find it inspirational