Originally Posted by Acting Like Godot
Actually at those periods in my life where I am disciplined enough to meditate regularly, I become much more effective at work. These are some of the effects:
1. Basically nothing distracts me from whatever I want to focus on.
2. I have no sense of procrastination. I automatically do what's most important, without any sense of resentment, frustration or dislike.
3. My concentration is formidable. Strong, without tension.
4. I listen much more attentively to others, and pick up nuances in their words and body language that I ordinarily wouldn't. Therefore I know better what they are trying to communicate.
5. I exude calm and confidence.
How do you know you haven't just applied a placebo that came from conditioning of hearing others say: if you sit down and relax you will get these benefits? So what, right? if it works.
The space cadets you refer to are the ones who got unbalanced in the sixth chakra. Feels nice, but spacey. There is a simple cure for that. It's called a grounding exercise. It's got to do with pushing energy down; it takes only a few minutes and you can feel it very clearly, like physical movements inside your body.
Space cadets have also programmed an experience they wanted. It is indulgent of the self to follow bliss and disregard what life is presenting.