Originally Posted by SonoranBob
I am also trying to understand how practical it'd be to be in a state of bliss all the time. I've heard more than one person talk about cultivating the state of bliss with some successful consistency, then getting fired from their jobs because they are space cadets.
Actually at those periods in my life where I am disciplined enough to meditate regularly, I become much more effective at work. These are some of the effects:
1. Basically nothing distracts me from whatever I want to focus on.
2. I have no sense of procrastination. I automatically do what's most important, without any sense of resentment, frustration or dislike.
3. My concentration is formidable. Strong, without tension.
4. I listen much more attentively to others, and pick up nuances in their words and body language that I ordinarily wouldn't. Therefore I know better what they are trying to communicate.
5. I exude calm and confidence.
The space cadets you refer to are the ones who got unbalanced in the sixth chakra. Feels nice, but spacey. There is a simple cure for that. It's called a grounding exercise. It's got to do with pushing energy down; it takes only a few minutes and you can feel it very clearly, like physical movements inside your body.