I'd like to share with you the Islamic perspective view (the most reasonable for me) of life:
- Life is a journey, starting from a certain point and ending at a certain
destination. It is a transitory stage, an introduction to the Eternal life in the Hereafter.
- In this journey man is a traveler and should do all the good he can (using his body, mind, soul or consciousness) and make himself fully prepared to move any time to Eternity.
- He should consider his life on this earth as a chance provided for him to make the best of it while he can, because when his time to leave comes he can never delay it for one second.
- He totally has the choice to do the good or the bad, and will be responsible for his choice in the life and the Hereafter life.
- Because life is so important as a means to an ultimate end, Islam has
laid down a complete system of regulations and principles to help man understand the life (not leave him live with confusion), and to show him how to live it, what to take and what to leave, what to do and what to shun, and so on.
- The one who understand and apply these regulations as they meant to be, will find the ultimate purpose of life, himself, universe, and everything comes to mind. He will enjoy the life and will build better life for others, he will live in peace with himself and others, and finally, will see the rewards of his actions in the Hereafter.
"Whoever works righteousness, man or woman and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions" [The holy Qur'an].
- - -
It's very difficult for someone to live without knowing the purpose of life! he will keep asking questions, and even when he just ignore them, they will keep annoying him, from time to time a question will come up to the mind: why should I do ...? or why I shouldn't do ... ? he may find some answers just to shut up his inner voice that keep asking and wondering, he just want to fill his eagerness to know the truth because it's related to his existence, even when he managed to find such answers that satisfies his eagerness, he is still not sure whether the answer is true or not, because it's built on doubt, not a certain basis.
The first think people have to find is the TRUTH, after that they'll find LOVE and POWER accordingly. In other words, if someone managed to find the mere LOVE and POWER but not TRUTH, he is still considered to be lost. It's like a Lamborghini filled with fuel but the driver don't know where to go!
But when you find the TRUTH, you'll utilize all the (built-in) tools you have in order to find LOVE and POWER, i.e. you know where to go, even if you have only a bike - not Lamborghini!
People should find the TRUTH first, in order to find the true LOVE and POWER.
Steve, what do you think? I hope you correct me if i'm not!
Last edited by AMQ; 07-26-2008 at 02:09 PM.