Originally Posted by infinitethoughts
The real question is why are a lot of americans "dumb"?
- The education system is seriously dumbed down. A U.S. 12th grade equates to almost the 8th or 9th grade in Germany. (I know, I've been through it coming here from Germany in 72')
Bush's, No child left behind, equates to lowering the Education system across the board, to leave "no child left behind".
- U.S. Movies (not all) are dumbed down.
- The Media/Entertainment is dumbed down.
- And the biggie, Mass Media News is seriously dumbed down.
I agree with the things you have said above....
But, I have some questions.
1. Do you think that if the system is dumbed down then Americans must have less education on average?
2. Do you think that Americans who go to college are more educated on average than their average European counterparts?
3. Is America successful in business globally in spite of its dumbed down population?
4. Do you think there are any things that are better in the US than in Germany?
5. Do you think that the US would be better if they doubled the taxes so that it would be more in line with Germany's?
These are not fecitious questions, I would be really interested to get your perspective.