Originally Posted by impaul99
I'll try to simplify it a bit further. Supposed God, who has the power to do anything and everything (100% free will), decided to test out what it would be like to exist without 100% free will. Since he is God and can do anything, he should be able to try that. How would he go about doing that, lets say giving himself 20% free will, without getting stuck inside the trap forever. Also, during the time when he only has 20% free will, who has the other 80%?
I love thought experiments
So, let's begin...
God has only one purpose: he wants to be 100% happy.
Happiness is a dual concept: you can only experience happiness, if you first have experienced what it means to be unhappy.
So, before God can become happy, he must first experience what it means to be unhappy. As he wants to become 100% happy, he must undergo everything that makes him 100% unhappy (miserable!).
The problem is: God knows everything, he cannot experience ignorance, and when he needs to experience a bad feeling, he knows that it is only temporarily.
Solution: God "writes" a scenario. He creates a dual universe where everything exists thanks to its opposite. He makes a dual entity of himself: he "divides" himself in two "parts": an abstract ego (the Universe, Nature, God) and a concrete ego: that concrete ego takes an ordinary male human body.
This concrete ego knows nothing about his true existence and must experience what all humans experience.
His abstract ego executes the scenario and let everything happen that the concrete ego must experience.
When all negative things are experienced and the concrete ego knows everything about his true identity, the abstract ego takes a female human form. They find each other and God is 100% happy. The End.
So, the split between a concrete and an abstract ego (unconscious and conscious mind) is a good way for God to make "free will" experiments.