The best time to AP is after youíve slept for 3-4 hours and then wake up for about 15-60 minutes before attempting, this is the only way that Iím usually able to project.
1. Time doesnít really seem to apply much the astral seems to be beyond time. It can for example seem that you have been out of body longer than youíve been asleep.
2. I havenít experienced this but I have heard some accounts of it happening but itís hard to say. Itís possible to view the physical with whatís called a real time or etheric projection which is different from astral projection.
3. I havenít done this but Iíve heard a few stories of it happening. I also had a few experiences where I was pulled out by someone else but I had no idea who they were.
4. The non-physical body canít be destroyed and if something happens to it that wonít transfer to the physical body. There usually isnít much of a sense of pain, for example in one projection I was on a rooftop and jumped down to the ground landing on my neck, I felt the impact and some discomfort but it didnít really hurt. Although there was one experience where I jabbed myself in the ribs when projecting and when I woke up I felt a slight pain in that spot but really there is nothing to worry about here. Sometimes it can be a little tiring but most of the time I feel more energetic in the morning after projecting.
5. Yes, how acute your senses are can depend on how conscious you are during the experience but your senses can be just as real or sometimes seem more real than you physical senses. For example, if Iím having a very lucid projection and go up and touch a wall with my hand it usually feels about the same as if I had touched it when awake.
6. How real it feels can sometimes feel incredible. It really varies based on your state of mind when projecting and your beliefs about the non-physical have a huge influence on the experience. For example you can have a projection where you start and feel just as conscious as you would when physically awake but later on if you start to lose control of your thoughts and have trouble focusing it can degrade into a more dream-like experience because of your mind state.
7. You can have complete control it all depends on your state of mind when projecting and your beliefs about whatís possible. And it is possible to do things like flying, floating, and teleporting. The speed that you go is only limited by your mind. Producing desired actions in the non-physical is very different than when awake because thought is action. Also if youíre familiar with the law of attraction it is in effect in the non-physical much more so than the physical, often the result of your thoughts can fuel and almost instant change in the non-physical environment.
8. There are thought to be other planes which I donít know much about. I agree more with designating different focus levels which is a complicated subject. For example Focus 22 is where dreams or very low level non-physical experiences occur. Or there is focus 27 which could be considered a higher level projection, itís where more aware people who know that they have died go to make their transition. In Focus 27 there is an incredible amount of freedom to experience whatever you desire, you can create something easily just by thinking of it and it can stay there for you to go back to later.