Originally Posted by quiethumir
Let's make it hypothetical. Can a good person who is always positive, optimistic, loving, etc., ever attract negative circumstances to them, like losing their job, having their wife/husband leave them, losing a lot of money, get robbed, get murdered, etc. by virtue of LoA?
This question still has some problems.
Because, you see, it presumes that certain types of events are necessarily negative. While the examples you gave may often indeed be negative, they may also not!
For example - consider this one: "losing their job". Well, read Steve's post enttiled "Ten Reasons Never to Get a Job" and you might see the event "losing a job" in a different light. And who knows? Depending on what kind of person your spouse is, it may be a good thing that he/she leaves you.
Ultimately we see that a lot of this stuff is highly subjective. Losing a job might be a very bad thing to a certain percentage of people, it might not be so for other people. It depends on their individual circumstances and also, it depends on their own perceptions.
Possible advantages of losing a job:
1. You get to spend more time with your family for some time;
2. You discover that there are other better job opportunities out there;
3. You get to take a break;
4. You finally get the impetus you need to pursue your own business ideas;
5. You get the impetus you need to do something that you'd be dreaming of doing for a long time (eg go to college, pursue some course etc)
6. You retire early
7. You get to stop working at a place which you never liked much anyway