Learn to live without limitations, be free within (yourself) the current environment first. Then the dreamscape will reflect that.
This need to have things your way first, then feeling how you want to feel goes around in an endless circle of always needing more outside to feel good inside.
Of course, as I said, being aware of the dreamlike environment and your connection with ALL is self sufficient. Find a model for yourself, something you really believe in. You could see it as this extremely realistic kind of dream and that shouldn't be a problem. The realism makes it worth living. What is not worth living is a nightmare. Nightmares appear when there's fear and lack of control and limitation. Nightmares disappear when you become aware.
Here's a few things that MAY or may not help you become aware of the dream:
- You are within God and God is within you, dwell on it
- Find your own evidence that proves that the 'old' model of reality, where things are out there, material and not connected to each other is false. Think about things that just don't fit in that model of 'cold' reality
- Get logical about it
- Simply Be aware, KNOW
- Ask yourself, what if this would be a dream environment? ...
- Assume that you didn't wake up last night... and you're still dreaming. Get the feeling of that
- Imagine what you would do (think, feel or physically do) if this would be a dream you're having while sleeping in your bed.
- Think about what the rules of a dreamlike reality would be. How would you go around changing stuff if it is a dreamlike environment?
You could also go at Lucid Living
and/or Amazon.com: Courageous Dreaming: How Shamans Dream the World into Being (9781401917562): Alberto Villoldo Ph.D.: Books
I took a look at courageous dreaming and it seems promising. I will read it. I didn't yet read what is at the lucid living link but it caught my eye.
I don't think that the dream thing is for everybody btw. Only you can know if it is or isn't for you. For me it was cuz I was just fed up with that 'old' model of reality that doesn't explain a lot of things. Something was missing and missing and missing and I kept searching for it and I found it... and it found me. Now I am hammering it down this body instrument that Consciousness uses to explore and experience the Dream.