I just finished a class on affirmative prayer. How are you praying? "Please God give me a job" or are you affirming the truth of your being. "Thank you God for all of the good that comes into my life. I know you are all-knowing, all-powerful, all-present, all-perfect, and most importantly all-good. And I know I am one with your power. It flows over me and through me. In this moment right employment is mine! I have a job I love! A career I love! I am earning a great income doing work that is great for me! I love my work. In fact, it's something that I enjoy so much that my work has actually become my play and that is one of my secrets to success with it. I give thanks for my amazing job and income and release it knowing this is done and so it is!"
The difference between the vibe you put out between the first prayer and the second is HUGE.
Here is how affirmative prayer works according to Agape Spiritual Center and the Science of Mind by Ernest Holmes. There's six main steps:
1. Gratitude - Say what you're grateful for. This sets the foundation for the prayer.
2. Recognition - Recognize one or more of God's qualities "I recognize that God is everywhere, flowing through everyone."
3. Unify - Unify with this presence. "God is flowing through everyone and God flows through me."
4. Realize - Say the opposite of whatever is bothering the person. For instance if they have money problems, "Where God is, abundance is. And God flows through us and blesses, inspires, and prospers us. We live in friendly universe that is always providing. God is all there is and we are blessed now."
5. Gratitude - "I thank God for all of our abundace."
6. Release - "And so it is!" or "Amen!" or both.
And when I had a hard time finding a job, I went and volunteered for a few days and through some amazing occurences got offered a great job the next day.