Relationships Category Archive

Lessons From the Recent Workshops

Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012

I really enjoyed this past weekend at the Conscious Relationships Workshop. It’s so rewarding to see people arriving a little shy and uncertain on the first day, and by the end of the third day, they’ve become close friends and have a new sense of possibility and excitement. One of the reasons I do these […]

Social Bankruptcy

Thursday, January 26th, 2012

For the past several months, I’ve been going through a social reboot. This involves consciously reassessing my social life and deciding what connections and social habits to maintain and what to change. But this year I’ve decided to go further with this process and declare outright social bankruptcy. This is an area of my life that was far […]

Opting Out of Holiday Gift Exchanges

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012

Today I told my family that I’m permanently opting out of buying/giving/receiving gifts for all future birthdays & holidays. Many people grow up with holiday traditions that center around buying and exchanging gifts with family members. I enjoyed and appreciated this when I was younger, and I have many fond memories about it. These days […]

Approach Anxiety

Monday, January 23rd, 2012

Several months ago I was speaking with my friend Morty Lefkoe about fears and limiting beliefs that I noticed among my readers. I shared with him that one of the biggest problem areas was approach anxiety. While many readers appear to be very social online, it’s common for them to be pretty socially timid in […]

Workshop Update

Monday, January 16th, 2012

The Conscious Success Workshop this past weekend went amazingly well, even better than I expected. I received lots of positive feedback on it afterwards as well as some suggestions to improve it if/when we run it again. It was a very rewarding weekend to be sure. It’s gratifying to know we stimulated lots of positive […]

Love Your Customers

Wednesday, September 14th, 2011

Let me share a possibly unorthodox angle on customer service. One reason my business has been successful is that I enjoy running it. A big part of that enjoyment is that I genuinely like the people my business attracts as long-term customers. I include many of them among my friends and hang out with them […]

Co-Creation, Mind Control, and Subjective Reality

Thursday, August 18th, 2011

I often prep for upcoming workshops by walking around my house talking out loud, as if I’m speaking to an audience. It’s not the ideas I’m trying to polish though. I do this to get better at being in the flow of inspiration as I communicate, maintaining the right balance of head and heart. Inevitably […]

Just Frakkin Hug Me

Tuesday, July 19th, 2011

When people offer me a handshake as we meet for the first time, I look at their outstretched hand so as to acknowledge it. Then I look up, smile, and give them a nice, warm hug. I don’t do this 100% of the time… but probably 95% of the time these days. The other 5% […]

Using Google+ Circles

Sunday, July 10th, 2011

Here are some suggestions for how you can use Google+ circles to intelligently segment your status updates. +Family: Still looking for a better job. There just isn’t much out there these days. I’ll keep pounding the pavement weekends and evenings till I find something though. Sorry I can’t make it to the holiday thing this weekend, […]

Inspired Relationships

Wednesday, June 1st, 2011

Lately I’ve been using a different model for thinking about human relationships, and it’s working out really well. It may seem a bit unusual though. As I considered different relationship models like monogamy, serial monogamy, polyamory, and more, I soon realized that what I really wanted to experience wasn’t a good match for any existing […]